Search result for coronavirus
- Japan’s state-run centers to give COVID-19 vaccines under ages 18 - 64.
- The centers in Tokyo and Osaka were set up last month by the Defense Ministry.
- The ministry last week expanded the scope to accept people from ...
- Tokyo may be under a quasi-state of emergency during the Olympics.
- Tokyo has been under a stricter state of emergency since late April.
- The government is now however planning to lift the emergency in most of the prefectur...
- Japan’s wholesale prices rose by 4.9 percent in May.
- In April, wholesale prices increased 3.8 percent.
- Wholesale prices of petroleum and coal products surged 53.5 percent from a year earlier.
- Tokyo Olympics’ GPS tracking for visitors will not be real time.
- The GPS would be used to trace and confirm their movements retroactively if a problem arises.
- Everyone entering Japan from abroad for the games will b...
- COVID-19 quasi-state of emergency to be lifted from 3 prefectures.
- Restrictions in Gunma, Ishikawa and Kumamoto prefecture are expected to be lifted by the weekend.
- The government is likely to make a similar call on five ...
- Japan’s current account surplus rose to $12 billion in April.
- April saw a larger rise in exports than in imports in terms of value.
- Imports jumped 11.3 percent to 6.54 trillion yen.
- Primary income, gained...
- Japan’s economy shrank in Jan-March period by 3.9 percent.
- Real gross domestic product contracted 1.0 percent from the previous quarter.
- Government spending dropped 1.1 percent.
- Capital expenditure decrea...
• Blinken said the Joe Biden administration is determined to "get to the bottom" of the origins of the novel coronavirus
• When asked about transparency of information on COVID-19, the US State Secretary said China has not "given us the tran...
- Japan to study effect of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine on its citizens.
- The study is targeted for around 1,500 people separated into two groups.
- The government also plans to conduct similar studies on Moderna Inc. and A...
- Japan PM’s reception for Tokyo Olympic overseas dignitaries stands cancelled.
- The reception was to be held on the day of the Tokyo Olympic closing ceremony, on Aug. 8.
- The reception at a Tokyo hotel was also expecte...
- Japan to provide COVID-19 vaccine of 1.29 million doses to Taiwan.
- Japan will provide AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine to Taiwan.
- The vaccines will arrive in Taipei by air later Friday.
- The offer was arrang...
- Tokyo stocks end higher over COVID-19 inoculations.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended up 131.80 points, or 0.46 percent.
- Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE finished 16.15 points, or 0.84 percent.
- Airdo Co., Solaseed Air to set up holding company in Oct. 2022.
- To improve finances, they will reduce costs through joint aircraft maintenance and procurement of supplies.
- They have no plans to cut jobs and expect their b...
- Industrial output of Japan rises 2.5 percent in April.
- The index of production at factories and mines exceeded the pre-pandemic level.
- Output in the electrical machinery, information, and communication electronics equipme...
- China accuses Biden administration over COVID-19 investigation reopening.
- Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian spoke on the matter.
- The Biden administration is joining worldwide pressure on China to be ...
- Japan govt. downgraded economic assessment as consumption dampens.
- The extended state of emergency over the coronavirus pandemic has led to the downgrade assessment.
- Private consumption in April has shown a weak ton...
- Japan’s supermarket sales rose 6.0% in April.
- Strong demand for clothing, with sales jumping 74.3% led to rise in supermarket sales.
- Overall sales of 11,804 supermarkets totaled 1.08 trillion yen.
- Sales o...
- Fashion designer Gurmeen Shrivastav is about 30 underprivileged women in Mumbai to earn a regular livelihood during the pandemic.
- Gurmeen‘s brand ‘Nayshaas Siyahi Sa Vastra’ is instrumental in this initiative.
- Telecom operators are urging Haryana government to curb rumors linking COVID spread to 5G.
- The DoT clarified that testing of the 5G network was yet to start in India.
Many telecom operators have sent a joint letter to Hary...
- Indian Government firms are preparing to manufacture Covaxin.
- Covaxin was first developed with seed strains received from the National Institute of Virology (NIV).
- Phase 3 clinical trial of Covaxin was co-funded by ICMR. <...