Search result for South Korea
- South Korea’s highly pathogenic bird flu case rises to 67.
- The government reported the latest case of the H5N8 strain of avian influenza came from an egg farm in Yongin.
- The price of chicken and duck meat in the cou...
- Hyundai and Kia expect to post double-digit growth in Q4 operating profit.
- Hyundai is likely to post an operating profit of 1.71 trillion won in Q4.
- Kia is reportedly expected to post 4.4 percent to 16.82 trillion won.
- S. Korean SME’s despite the pandemic reports their exports to fall in 2020.
- Overseas shipments totaled US$100.8 billion last year.
- In 2020, South Korean smaller companies exported $90 million worth of test kits to 1...
- S. Korea Finance Minister announces public institutions to hire more new employees.
- The country’s public institutions in 2021 plan to hire more than 26,000 new employees.
- The minister said that the public sector wil...
- S. Korea asks foreign and local online companies to provide stable services.
- Google, Facebook, Netflix, Naver, Kakao, and Wavve asked to comply with the country’s new law.
- The country will now hold service providers...
- South Korea’s exports of rechargeable batteries increase in 2020.
- In 2020, the overseas shipments of rechargeable batteries came to around $6.6 billion.
- Overseas shipments of rechargeable batteries are forecast to e...
- Doosan Infracore reports an increase in sales of its construction equipment in 2020.
- The sales increased by 18 percent in 2020.
- The company is said to have sold 4,000 units of construction equipment, like excavators and w...
- South Korean stocks open low on Monday morning over profit-taking.
- The KRX benchmark KOSPI fell 23.77 points.
- Samsung Electronics stocks fell 1.48 percent.
- SK Hynix stocks advanced 1.18 percent.
- S. Korean LG Uplus Corp. to stop 2G services by the end of June 2021.
- The telecom operator has submitted its application to the government.
- The country’s telecom operator SK Telecom Co. had shut down its 2G services...
- Bank of Korea maintained its policy rate of 0.5 percent.
- Bank of Korea in November 2020 had frozen the key rate due to economic uncertainty.
- The monthly exports in 2020 advanced 12.6 percent on-year to reach $51.4 billion...
- Kia Corp. by 2027 to launch electric vehicle platforms.
- The new EV platform is called the electric-global modular platform (E-GMP) and will be released in the first quarter.
- The company plans to boost its EV lineup with 1...
- Level 2.5 measures extended for two more weeks in South Korea.
- However, the extension will bring certain ease in restrictions on cafés, gyms, and other indoor facilities.
- In the capital, restaurants, cafes will be ...
- S. Korean President instructs Chief of KDCA to lead COVID-19 vaccine program.
- KDCA Commissioner briefed Moon on her plans to administer vaccinations through a pan-government program.
- The Blue House reported the vaccinatio...
- South Korea stocks ended low over investors booking profits.
- The KOSPI fell 64.03 points or 2.03 percent.
- Samsung Electronics stocks fell 1.9 percent to 88,000 won.
- LG Chem stocks ended at 3.07 percent to 979,0...
- Samsung debuts new Galaxy S21 series phones featuring BTS, Leenalchi.
- The new Galaxy S21 series comes in three models.
- The standard Galaxy S21 will go on sale in South Korea with a price tag of US$910.
- Samsung ...
- S. Korean PM warned of strong measures that interfere govt.’s antivirus measures.
- A church facility in Sangju, 270 kilometers southeast of Seoul, has emerged as a new hotbed of infections.
- More than 3,000 people are...
- S. Korea’s ex-President Park Guen Hye sentenced 20 years in prison by Supreme Court.
- The former President of South Korea has been sentenced for a high-profile corruption case.
- Park has been reported to be involved i...
- KFTC review the deal by Korean Air to buy Asiana Airlines Inc.
- KFTC will see if the merger could constitute a monopoly or hurt market competition.
- Korean Air in November 2020 said that it will acquire its smaller rival As...
- S. Korea and Iran under talks on resolving frozen assets and releasing ship.
- The South Korean delegation for talks was led by First Vice Foreign Minister Choi Jong Kun.
- Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps seized a...
- Seoul District Court begins trial for the unknown death of 16-month old Jung In.
- The South Korean prosecutors added a murder charge against the adoptive mother of the child.
- Forensic reports suggest suspicions of having a...