Search result for SOUTH KOREA
- Nippon Steel Corp. files appeal over the court-ordered seizure of its assets in South Korea.
- South Korea and the Japanese steel making company are under dispute for wartime labor compensation.
- The Japanese company was or...
- The first few days of August are a rousing summer vacation season in South Korea.
- Highways to popular hallmarks are clogged, every inch of beach space is covered by milling people and life takes a breather in normally hectic Seoul.
But this year, a dou...
- South Korean shipbuilders have won orders consecutively one after another in recent months after failing in the first half of this year.
- Expectations are growing that they will continue to win more liquefied natural gas carrier (LNG) orders in the latter half despite the pandem...
- South Korea's economy diminished by 3.3 percent in the second financial quarter from a quarter earlier.
- But it fared comparatively well as compared with other major economies, data clearly showed on Sunday.
South Korea's gross domestic product ...
- Crew members of the Russian ship docked in Busan Port have tested positive for COVID-19 anew.
- One more local worker from a ship repair company in Busan also contracted the virus.
This 7,700-ton Russian ship docked inland in Busan Port on July 8.Of the ...
- South Korea’s stock market has slumped on Friday as bleak US data has questioned the global recovery hopes.
- The US economy has suffered the biggest loss in the second quarter since the Great Depression due to the coronavirus pandemic...
- South Korea’s Hyundai Oilbank has gained an operating profit in the second quarter of the year.
- SK innovations and S-oil has posted operating losses of W439.7 billion and W164.3 billion in the second quarter.
- South Korea’s June factory production is growing at a rate quicker than expected.
- In June, the industrial production has surged by 7.2 percent month-on-month, sharply reversing a 7 percent decline in May.
- South Korea...
- The export of South Korean made passenger cars slumped by 40.6 percent in the second quarter (Q2).
- In the period of April-June, South Korean carmakers shipped passenger cars worth US$ 6.2 billion.
- The number of passenger car uni...
- South Korea’s July exports have contracted 9.7% as compared to the exports last year.
- South Korea, the fourth-largest Asian economy has dropped into recession in the second quarter of the year.
- South Korea’s imports ...
- Of late a botanical garden in Korea constructed a statue that showed a man kneeling before a girl who represents victims of Japan's wartime sexual slavery.
- Tokyo is fuming at the structure which is titled "A heartfelt apology."
- After decades of restrictions, South Korea can now use solid fuel, a core technology in the development of missiles and rockets.
- The revised missile guidelines come after months of proceedings between Seoul and Washington.
South Korea and the Uni...
- South Korean lawmakers proposed a bill that would ban the nation’s public support for coal-fired power projects outside the country.
- The four draft bills prohibit the East Asian country’s largest-owned utility firm and financia...
- KBS News of Korea had recently reported a dogging controversy surrounding the safety of Tesla vehicles' autopilot system.
- Tesla cars were alarmingly found to change lanes all of a sudden and depress the brakes abruptly even when there were no sign of obstacles ahead. ...
- World Trade Organisation (WTO) granted South Korea’s request to inquire into Japan’s decision to restrict electronic component exports.
- A panel of three experts will be made to determine if Japan violated the WTO rules. ...
- South Korea's stock market has surged to the highest since October 2018 in early trade on strong foreign investor buying.
- The benchmark KOSPI has added 4.43 points which are equivalent to 0.20% and stood at 2,267.59.
- South Korea reported 18 new coronavirus cases making the total count 14,269.
- Out of the 18 new coronavirus cases, 11 cases were the imported cases.
- No additional deaths due to coronavirus have reported in South Korea. ...
- US-based Intel remains established as the numero uno in the global semiconductor market in terms of sales and operating profit in the first half of 2020.
- South Korea’s No.1 chipmaker Samsung Electronics seems to be trailing behind its Taiwanese rival TSMC.
- Japan’s foreign ministry team handling trade dispute cases to undergo changes.
- The team handles cases that are brought to the World Trade Organization.
- The team will be replaced by a new one in the International Leg...
- SoftBank Robotics in a formal announcement Tuesday said it will launch operations in South Korea with its artificial intelligence-enabled vacuum-cleaning robot nicknamed ‘Whiz’.
- The company aims to reduce the margin in assistive robotics market here, which is curren...