Search result for Japan
- Japan Cabinet office aiming for 35% quota for female parliamentary candidates.
- The government aims to achieve the same by 2025.
- Japan aims to increase female representation among lawmakers and civil servants.
- Building of new Aegis ships to get its approval from the Japanese Cabinet.
- The plan will replace the land-based missile interceptor system.
- The plan is expected to be given the nod as early as mid-December.
• Few days back, Russia had said that one of its warships had chased off and caught a U.S. destroyer which operation illegally in its territorial waters in the Sea of Japan
• The U.S. Navy has not only declined to accept any wrongdoing, but in return has a...
- Japan’s education minister has no intentions to declare closure of schools just yet.
- The minister indicated the decisions to close schools will be the discretion of bodies managing each school.
- COVID-19 cases are in...
- Hayabusa2 space probe makes an orbital adjustment to drop off asteroid samples.
- The space probe used its chemical thrusters for the orbital adjustments.
- The space probe will be dropping off samples collected from the aste...
- Japan health minister announces to test 15,000 people for COVID-19 antibody test.
- The antibody tests will be done by the end of the year.
- The testing will take place in Tokyo, Osaka, and three other prefectures.
- Western Japan man arrested over possession of 1,500 ‘Nezuko’ figurines.
- The suspect stands accused of violating the Trademark Act and the Copyright Act.
- The suspect admitted to the allegations and mentioned th...
- Japan parliament permits to stop standard mail delivery on Sat., next-day service.
- The changes to the revised postal law will take effect around next fall.
- Saturday and Sunday delivery of parcel, express, and registered m...
- Tokyo stocks ended higher on Friday; Nikkei ends up.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended up at 107.40 points.
- Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE finished at 8.27 points.
- Stock issues gained...
- ANA Holdings Inc. to raise $3.2 billion to strengthen its financial base.
- ANA plans to use the proceeds to purchase wide-body Boeing 787 jets and repay debt.
- The company has already secured 400 billion yen in subordinated...
- Tokyo stocks open mixed on Friday morning; Nikkei falls.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average fell by 30.34 points.
- Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE was up at 4.47 points.
- Stock issues declined ...
- Japan plans to not accept China’s proposals over the Senkaku islands.
- Chinese Foreign Minister proposed to keep fishing boats away from both countries at the disputed islands.
- China also proposed to have government ...
- Tokyo’s COVID-19 cases remain high on Thursday; severe symptom patients rise to 60.
- Tokyo’s governor requested restaurants serving alcohol to shorten business hours until Dec.17.
- As of last Saturday, Tokyo rec...
- Supermarket sales in Japan for October rose by 2.8 percent.
- The supermarket sales were on a same-store basis.
- Food sales increased by 2.7 percent.
- Sales of clothing increased by 4 percent for the first time in ...
- Aichi Prefecture to request restaurants serving alcohol to shorten business hours.
- Nagoya’s main nightlife entertainment districts will follow the restrictions for around 3 weeks.
- Aichi Governor will announce the pl...
- Counterfeit 1,000 yen used at a gas station in Shimonoseki, Yamaguchi prefecture.
- Suspect had put high-octane gasoline worth 3,000 yen and paid part of the cost with the fake note.
- The note was found to be fake when the g...
- Tokyo stocks end high on Thursday with gains over technology issues.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended up at 240.45 points.
- The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE finished at 10.58 points.
- Tokyo stocks rise on Thursday morning with gains in technology issues.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average rose by 173.42 points.
- Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE was up at 7.88 points.
- Stock i...
- SoftBank Corp. subsidiary to launch the first autonomous bus service in Japan.
- The company will launch the starting Thursday.
- The passenger bus can carry 9 people and drive around 20 kms per hour.
- The autonomou...
- Japan’s Ex-PM Shinzo Abe may have discarded receipts for dinner functions.
- Prosecutors are investing the case as a violation of political funds control law.
- The total bills for the dinner functions may have exceeded...