Search result for Japan
- Shinzo Abe to take part in Hiroshima, Nagasaki’s peace memorial ceremonies.
- This will be the 75th anniversary of the U.S atomic bombings in the cities.
- The U.S embassy in Japan will also take part in the ceremony.<...
- Red Cross Musashino hospital converted beds for COVID-19 use; second wave infections.
- The hospital has set aside beds used by regular inpatients normally.
- The government had earlier requested the hospital to secure at le...
- July month’s consumer confidence in Japan continued showing signs of improvement.
- Rebound in the economy is rather slow due to the rise in domestic infections and torrential rain.
- The index in June saw an upturn of ...
- The price of lettuce in Japan increased fivefold due to long rains.
- The wholesale price of lettuce shot up to $2.87 per kilogram from the previous $0.57.
- Meteorological office said that sunlight hours will be short and r...
- Japanese government to help local companies exports made-in-Japan crafts online.
- JETRO has picked 519 items by 121 producers to be sold online.
- JETRO has established an online system to put the products to overseas marke...
- Geisha and maiko given clear ‘uchiwa’ fans to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- As they cannot wear masks due to make-up constrictions, transparent fans were distributed.
- In western Japan city, there exist...
- A cluster of COVID-19 infections broke out in Kyoto prefectures six Junior High School.
- The infections broke out when students participated in practice games in the same club.
- PCR tests were performed on 46 students that...
- Museums across Japan started collecting pandemic related materials for display.
- Museums plan to log the pandemic history for future generations.
- Local residents have donated around 200 items to a public museum in Hokkaid...
- The Japanese government agreed to a deal with Pfizer Inc. to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Japan will receive a supply of 120 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines for 60 million people.
- Health Minister Kato plans to t...
- Tokyo stock market closed with the Nikkei index falling to its lowest level.
- 225-issues Nikkei Stock Average ended down by 629.23 points.
- Topix index finished at 43.41 points.
- The trading volume on the main se...
- Japan records 1,307 new COVID-19 cases; 6 women at a ‘Hostess club’ contracts the infection.
- Tokyo confirmed 463 new COVID-19 infections.
- Six women working at a "hostess club" nightspot on the islan...
- Japan’s opposition parties want Shinzo Abe to convene an extra diet session for COVID-19.
- The opposition is not satisfied with the Abe administration’s recent policy decisions.
- Opposition bloc also includes t...
- Japanese government to deliver stockpiled additional cloth masks to nursing care.
- Shinzo Abe was criticized about the distribution of the cloth masks.
- The Prime Minister had aimed to start distribution of 80 million clot...
- Japan’s job-to-applicant ratio fell to its lowest in June.
- Due to the pandemic, more people were out of work.
- The unemployment rate in June fell to 2.8 percent.
- Around 740,000 people voluntarily left the...
- Japan’s industrial output saw a rebound as economic activity starts to pick up.
- Output rose for the first time in five months.
- Production by automakers saw a rebound as the overseas market starts opening up. ...
- Tokyo stock market opened lower on Friday.
- Investors are concerned about the falling U.S economy.
- 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average lost 162.17 points.
- Tokyo Stock Exchange was down by 10.91 points.
- Toyota Motor Corp. sold 4.16 million vehicles globally from Jan. to June period.
- It became the world’s best-selling automaker for the first time in six years.
- Toyota alone produced 3.31 million vehicles globally in...
- Japan’s cabinet office forecasts the country’s economy to contract by 4.5%.
- GDP for the year through next year was revised downward.
- The country’s economy is said to have been impacted due to the COVID-1...
- Shiga University succeeds in replicating COVID-19 generating symptoms in Macaques.
- The team of researchers is led by Professor Yasushi Ito, specializing in Pathology.
- The work is said to contribute to the early developme...
- Foreign residents will be permitted to re-enter Japan; Tokyo reports new COVID-19 cases.
- Some 88,000 people will be allowed to re-enter the country.
- Tokyo reported 367 new cases of COVID-19 today.
- The Metropol...