Search result for JAPAN
- Extrordinary diet session begins in Japan; PM Suga questioned by opposition.
- Yukio Edano from CDPJ criticized the PM’s decision of members of the Science Council.
- The extraordinary diet session began on Monday. ...
- Japanese Govt. calling people to take extended New Year holidays.
- The remark has caused concern among LDP members.
- LDP Diet Affairs Committee Chairman Hiroshi Moriyama commented on the same.
- PM Yoshihide Suga ...
- BOJ begins a two-day policy meeting on Wednesday to assess the economy.
- BOJ in July had forecasted the economy to shrink by 4.7 percent in fiscal 2020.
- The central bank also forecasted the consumer price index to drop by ...
- Japanese Govt. considering extending ‘Go To Travel’ subsidy program until January.
- The new date has so far not been determined.
- The government plans to draft a third supplementary budget for fiscal 2020. ...
- Tokyo stocks ended lower on Wednesday.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended down at 67.29 points.
- Topix index of all First Section issues on TSE ended at 4.98 points.
- Stock issues saw a decline in mining, i...
- Finance Ministry of Japan upgrades the country’s regional economies for 2nd quarter.
- The ministry’s 11 regional bureaus also upgraded their independent assessments.
- The ministry pointed out the ‘Go To Tr...
- Tokyo stocks trade low on Wednesday.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average lost by 75.04 points.
- Topix index of all First Section issues of TSE was down 9.92 points.
- Stock issues decline in insurance, iron and st...
- Japan to expand use of ammonia as fuel and cut down on greenhouse gas emissions.
- Expert reports suggest that Ammonia does not emit carbon dioxide when burned.
- Ministry of Natural Resources and Fuel Department set up a cou...
- Japanese media asks U.S Govt. to reconsider changes to Visa rules for foreign journalists.
- The name of the association is - Japan Newspaper Publishers & Editors Association.
- The association submitted its request to th...
- JAL expects a net loss of around $1.9 billion for fiscal 2020.
- The airline has not provided its forecast for the current fiscal year to March 2021.
- JAL introduced new accounting standards from fiscal 2020.
- U.N Secretary-General welcomes Japan PM’s pledge to cut greenhouse gas emissions.
- Yoshihide Suga has pledged to cut down emissions to net-zero by 2050.
- The U.N Chief and Japan’s PM spoke on the phone to discus...
- Japanese government eyes an action plan to lower domestic mobile phone fees.
- Prime Minister of Japan has asked the govt. to push the plan through.
- Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications will set up a website for...
- Japanese lawmaker Anri Kawai granted bail by Tokyo District Court.
- The lawmaker was indicted on a charge of vote-buying during an election last year.
- Kawai was arrested in June with her husband Katsuyuki.
- Both ...
- Demand for robots in Japan increases due to the pandemic.
- Robots are being substitutes for providing physical human contact.
- Japan’s Groove X Inc. has developed a humanoid ‘healing robot’ called ‘...
- Olympic flame will be on display from November in Japan’s 14 prefectures.
- The flame is scheduled to first display in Ishikawa Prefecture, in central Japan.
- The flame was first lit on March 12, 2020, at Olympia, Gree...
- Bill to offer free COVID-19 vaccine approved by the Japanese government.
- PM of Japan has initially pledged to secure COVID-19 vaccines for all people in the country.
- The Japanese government has made a budget of 671.4 bill...
- Nissan Motor Co. to boost production capacity in China starting fiscal 2021.
- Nissan is planning to manufacture more cars at two plants in China.
- Nissan will start selling its Ariya electric sport utility vehicle in 2021....
- Japanese gamers’ demand for pre-order of new PS5 game console increases.
- Pre-order lotteries have been selling as many as 91 times more tickets than available in stock.
- Sony is set to release the new PS5 on Nov. 12....
- Tokyo stocks ended flat on Tuesday.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended down at 8.54 points.
- Topix index of all First Section issues on TSE finished at 1.45 points.
- Stock issues declined in air transportat...
- JAL plans to raise around $2.9 billion in capital while also posting an operating loss.
- The airline company is expecting to post an operating loss of around 85 billion yen.
- For the July-September period, JAL estimated to...