Search result for Earth
- Northeastern Japan hit by M6.8 earthquake; no tsunami alert.
- The earthquake was recorded off the coast of Miyagi Prefecture about 51 kilometers below sea level.
- Fukushima Daiichi and Daini nuclear power plants reported no...
- Japan’s industrial output fell 2.1 percent in February over an earthquake.
- An earthquake on Feb. 13 in northeastern Japan disrupted parts supply for major automakers.
- The auto sector reported an 8.8 percent fall in ...
- China's tenacious blue-chip index closed on Tuesday at the highest level in 13 years, with rare earth stocks glittering, as investors were reconfirmed of a quicker economic recovery following a restrictment of a resurgence of locally transmitted Covid-19 infections.
- The blu...
- Japan’s Imperial couple to meet 2011 disaster survivors via video conference.
- Video conferences with residents of Iwate, Miyagi, and Fukushima prefectures may begin by mid-February.
- The Imperial couple met online wi...
• The USGS said the earthquake struck at nearly 5.42 a.m. and its epicenter was located about 4 miles south of Muir Beach and nearly 4 miles towards west of San Francisco
• The USGS also said that early on Thursday morning, an earthquake of magnitude 2.6 was reporte...
• According to the United States Geological Survey, Sedgwick County, Kansas felt tremors of the quake, which was recorded at 3.8 magnitude at 5.04 a.m.
• The quake recorded on December 30 is one of the biggest of those 15 earthquakes as it surpassed ...
• The epicentre of 2.9 magnitude earthquake which struck at around 2.40 a.m. on Monday was nearly three miles south of Monroe
• The magnitude 2.2 earthquake was recorded near the Lake Marcel-Stillwater area at around noon on Monday, which is few miles towa...
- Approval of safety measure by Japan Govt. over Oi nuclear plant nullified by court.
- Two reactors at Kansai Electric Power Co. claimed to be vulnerable to a major earthquake.
- The Osaka District Court ruled in favour of abo...
• An earthquake of magnitude 5.1 occurred near Mina, Nevada hitting at 11:32 p.m. local time at a depth of 5 kilometers stated the United States Geological Survey (USGS)
• As per the reports, this earthquake was Nevada’s largest since 1954 and its tr...
• According to the U.S. Geological Survey, an earthquake of magnitude 2.6 had struck around 9 miles from Stanley on Sunday followed by many more temblors
• The U.S. Geological Survey said magnitude measures the energy released at the source of the earthqua...
• As per the U.S. Geological Survey’s National Earthquake Information Center, the 3.6 magnitude earthquake centered off the coast of New Bedford, Massachusetts in Buzzards Bay struck just after 9 a.m.
• The earthquake struck at a depth of a little mo...
- A local woman from Kumamoto prefecture donates $950,000 for Kumamoto Castle.
- The money is for the restoration of the damaged earthquake hit the castle in the year 2016.
- The woman is 86 year-old and made the donation on No...
- An earthquake of 7.0 magnitude with 196 aftershocks which have occurred in Turkey and Greece
- The earthquake has killed 26 people and more than 700 people have been injured in Greece and Turkey
On Friday, At least 26 peopl...
• According to the reports, people in the city of Izmir, Turkey were in the state of shock after an earthquake of up to 7.0 magnitude struck the region
• Total 12 people lost their lives, one because of drowning and 419 people were left injured said Turkey...
• According to the Alaska Earthquake Center, the center of the earthquake was located about 19 miles east of Anchorage in Chugach State Park, at a depth of 11.2 miles
• The tremors of this earthquake were felt in Girdwood, Eagle River, Anchorage, Chugiak, ...
- Chinese filmmakers have succeeded yet again.
- Early last year, an unassuming sci-fi blockbuster out of China exploded onto the global box office.
With that movie namely ‘Wandering Earth’ eventually performs so strongly that it put the film on a cres...
• Minutes after an earthquake of magnitude 3.5 struck near Westmorland, another 4.3 magnitude earthquake has been reported from the same area
• According to the United States Geological Survey (USGS), a preliminary earthquake of magnitude 3.52 was reported...
• The first earthquake of magnitude 2.7 was recorded at 8:16 a.m., while the most powerful in the series was felt at 9:02 a.m. and the remaining two quakes of magnitude 3.0 and 1.3 were also felt in between those two
• This is not the first time that the r...
- Yoshihide Suga took his first official trip to Fukushima nuclear power plant.
- He has vowed to start with reconstruction for areas devastated by the 2011 earthquake and tsunami.
- During the disaster, around 15,900 people d...
• According to a report by the US Geological Survey, the earthquake was recorded at 11:39 p.m. two miles west of El Monte and ten miles from Los Angeles
• The Los Angeles Fire Department (LAFD) immediately issued a warning for the people to prepare for aft...