Search result for coronavirus
The delta variant is more dangerous and infectious as compared to coronavirus. Delta virus has an incubation period of four days, whereas the coronavirus has an incubation period of six days. A person infected with coronavirus infects 2-3 people, but a person suffering from delta variant infects ...
- Japan’s state-run centers to give COVID-19 vaccines under ages 18 - 64.
- The centers in Tokyo and Osaka were set up last month by the Defense Ministry.
- The ministry last week expanded the scope to accept people from ...
- Tokyo may be under a quasi-state of emergency during the Olympics.
- Tokyo has been under a stricter state of emergency since late April.
- The government is now however planning to lift the emergency in most of the prefectur...
- Japan’s wholesale prices rose by 4.9 percent in May.
- In April, wholesale prices increased 3.8 percent.
- Wholesale prices of petroleum and coal products surged 53.5 percent from a year earlier.
- Tokyo Olympics’ GPS tracking for visitors will not be real time.
- The GPS would be used to trace and confirm their movements retroactively if a problem arises.
- Everyone entering Japan from abroad for the games will b...
- COVID-19 quasi-state of emergency to be lifted from 3 prefectures.
- Restrictions in Gunma, Ishikawa and Kumamoto prefecture are expected to be lifted by the weekend.
- The government is likely to make a similar call on five ...
- Japan’s current account surplus rose to $12 billion in April.
- April saw a larger rise in exports than in imports in terms of value.
- Imports jumped 11.3 percent to 6.54 trillion yen.
- Primary income, gained...
- Japan’s economy shrank in Jan-March period by 3.9 percent.
- Real gross domestic product contracted 1.0 percent from the previous quarter.
- Government spending dropped 1.1 percent.
- Capital expenditure decrea...
• Blinken said the Joe Biden administration is determined to "get to the bottom" of the origins of the novel coronavirus
• When asked about transparency of information on COVID-19, the US State Secretary said China has not "given us the tran...
- Japan to study effect of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine on its citizens.
- The study is targeted for around 1,500 people separated into two groups.
- The government also plans to conduct similar studies on Moderna Inc. and A...
- Japan PM’s reception for Tokyo Olympic overseas dignitaries stands cancelled.
- The reception was to be held on the day of the Tokyo Olympic closing ceremony, on Aug. 8.
- The reception at a Tokyo hotel was also expecte...
- Japan to provide COVID-19 vaccine of 1.29 million doses to Taiwan.
- Japan will provide AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine to Taiwan.
- The vaccines will arrive in Taipei by air later Friday.
- The offer was arrang...
- Tokyo stocks end higher over COVID-19 inoculations.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended up 131.80 points, or 0.46 percent.
- Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE finished 16.15 points, or 0.84 percent.
- Airdo Co., Solaseed Air to set up holding company in Oct. 2022.
- To improve finances, they will reduce costs through joint aircraft maintenance and procurement of supplies.
- They have no plans to cut jobs and expect their b...
- Industrial output of Japan rises 2.5 percent in April.
- The index of production at factories and mines exceeded the pre-pandemic level.
- Output in the electrical machinery, information, and communication electronics equipme...
- China accuses Biden administration over COVID-19 investigation reopening.
- Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian spoke on the matter.
- The Biden administration is joining worldwide pressure on China to be ...
- Japan govt. downgraded economic assessment as consumption dampens.
- The extended state of emergency over the coronavirus pandemic has led to the downgrade assessment.
- Private consumption in April has shown a weak ton...
- Japan’s supermarket sales rose 6.0% in April.
- Strong demand for clothing, with sales jumping 74.3% led to rise in supermarket sales.
- Overall sales of 11,804 supermarkets totaled 1.08 trillion yen.
- Sales o...
- Fashion designer Gurmeen Shrivastav is about 30 underprivileged women in Mumbai to earn a regular livelihood during the pandemic.
- Gurmeen‘s brand ‘Nayshaas Siyahi Sa Vastra’ is instrumental in this initiative.
- Telecom operators are urging Haryana government to curb rumors linking COVID spread to 5G.
- The DoT clarified that testing of the 5G network was yet to start in India.
Many telecom operators have sent a joint letter to Hary...