Search result for Emissions
Policymakers of the European Union have proposed new regulations for using technology to stop emissions from transport vehicles, increasing road safety measures, and making travel planning more efficient.
The proposals strengthen the Intelligent Transport Systems’ rules by mandati...
A group called Coalition for a Responsible Exxon (CURE) of the ESG Investor Groups attack ExxonMobil for not doing its best to meet the target of reduced emissions by 2025 whereas the company has already adopted a plan to do so.
ExxonMobil invested 15 billion dollars in green initiative...
The European Union has drafted legislation for the reduction of methane emissions. According to a draft, they are forcing their oil and gas companies to find and fix the leaks of this gas and report to them.
According to the legislative proposal of the draft, Oil and gas operators...
China has decided to ship about 18,700 metric tons of urea to South Korea soon. Urea is the main ingredient in a fluid which used in diesel vehicles and factories to cut emissions. This is usually made using coal.
- China to ship 18,700 metric...
Prime Minister Scott Morrison has announced that Australia will be investing A$1 billion fund in companies to develop low-emissions technology. The country is currently seeking to attain net zero target by 2050 and also trying to cut down carbon emissions.
Environmental groups in Singapore, mostly led by youth have asked the Government to accelerate climate action. The country has announced various initiatives but the youth believe that the country’s actions are not enough.
China has submitted a renewed emission cutting plan just before the COP26 climate summit. In these new submissions to the United Nations, Beijing has confirmed it will achieve carbon neutrality before 2060 and also slash its emissions intensity.
Toyota said it is working towards using hydrogen combustion engines in commercial products. The company is testing the hydrogen combustion engines in race cars.
- Toyota is developing hydrogen combustion engines
- These engines will u...
Japan has adopted to new energy policy that will encourage renewable and nuclear sources of clean energy. This has been done to achieve the country’s pledge of attaining carbon neutrality by 2050.
- Japan to adopt new energy policy for r...
The Morrison government failed to release Australia’s modelling on the impact of a net zero emissions target. They have been accused of being addicted to secrecy.
- Morrison government fails to release Australia’s modelling for net...
Amazon.com Inc and IKEA are commercial users of container shipping. Both these companies have decided to opt for zero-carbon marine fuels by 2040. This new initiative is aiming to speed up decarbonization in the maritime sector.
South Korea has now officially committed to reducing national carbon emissions by 40 per cent of 2018 levels by 2030. This announcement came in just before the United Nations COP26 climate summit in Glasgow. They admitted that this is a very challenging target as compared to the initia...
Toyota Motor Corp is aiming to equip its cars with highly efficient solar power generation systems. The company is increasing its efforts to achieve carbon neutrality.
- Toyota to power electric vehicles with solar power generation system ...
New South Wales state in Australia, said it will be offering A$3 billion incentives, in order to attract hydrogen projects to the country's biggest coal-exporting state. This is done as the country is trying to reduce its carbon emissions.
UAE to invest 600 billion dirhams in renewable energy, announces plan for achieving net zero emissions by 2050
- UAE announces plan for net zero emissions
- First country in the Middle East to take initiative towards climate change
The United Arab Emirates has announced their plan for net-zero emissions by 2050. They are planning ...
- Meat accounts for 60% of green house emissions in food production
- 29% of emissions come from the cultivation of plant-based foods
The global food production is responsible for a third of all planet-heating gases which are ...
• In order curb the emissions, Seiko Epson intends to spend nearly 900 million dollars
Global warming is one of the biggest problems faced by mankind today. Top companies in Japan have now decided to take on this problem. In order to do so, they are increasingl...
- The value of Bitcoin has fallen to US $ 50,000.
- A tweet from Elon Musk resulted into 17% fall in the price.
- Elon Musk is concerned about fossil fuels, especially coal being used increasingly for Bitcoin mining and transactions.
- People’s Bank of China to devise structural monetary policy.
- The policy tools will help support the economy for key projects in the reduction of carbon emissions.
- The policy will establish an incentive-compatible me...
- Japan’s clothing items generate over 95 million tons of CO2 a year.
- About 98% of garments in the Japanese market in 2020 were imported from overseas.
- Around 5 million tons are attributed to burning unsold clothes of...