Search result for baseball
- Tokai University to suspend its baseball club activities due to illegal drug use.
- The university was a four-time Japanese national university champion.
- The Kanagawa prefectural police had raided the university dormitory.<...
ACE BASEBALL PLAYER JACINDA BARCLAY PASSES AWAY AT 29
- Prominent Western Sydney AFLW player Jacinda Barclay, who additionally represented Australia at five baseball World Cups, passed away at 29 years old
In an announcement delivered on Wedn...
• Exactly 12 days before his 92nd birthday, legendary New York Yankees pitcher Whitey Ford has left this world and the announcement of his demise was made by the Yankees on Friday
• Commissioner Rob Manfred said today all of Major League Baseball mourns th...
- Rakuten Eagles earn their 1,000th win at Nippon Professional Baseball.
- Rakuten Eagles won by 12-4 over the Lotte Marines.
- Rakuten Eagles Hideto Asamura went deep three times and drove in seven runs.
- The Lotte M...
- SoftBank Hawks win over Nippon Ham Fighters in Thursday’s Pacific League match.
- Nippon Ham Fighters’ outfielder Akira Nakamura secures his 1,000th career hit.
- The match between the two teams remained scoreles...
- Seibu Lions win against SoftBank Hawks on Sunday.
- Shuta Tonosaki made a home run in the opening frame from Seibu Lions.
- The Lions survived the ninth inning when Tatsushi Masuda from Hawks pitched out of a one-out jam.
- Director Yoon Dan-bi’s “Moving On” won the Uncaged Award for Best Feature Film, for which freshman and sophomore directors are also allowed to take part, at the New York Asian Film Festival on Saturday evening.
- Now in its 19th year, the film festival celebrati...
- SoftBank Hawks Alfredo Despaigne leads a win against Rakuten Eagles.
- Despaigne was unable to join the Hawks until July due to travel restrictions.
- He opened his season with a home run account with a second-inning solo sh...
- Declining COVID-19 cases might lead ease in crowd size for events; Japan Government.
- The current rule allows venues to hold up to 50 percent of their capacity.
- By Sept.19, the government is planning scrap the same rule.<...
- Nippon Ham Fighters Haruki Nishikawa leads to a win over Seibu Lions.
- Nishikawa lead the win in an eight-inning tie with a two-out three-run triple
- Nippon Ham Fighters won by 6-2 over Seibu Lions.
- Fighters ace...
- Seibu Lions Kona Takahashi leads a win against Lotte Marines; Baseball.
- Kona Takahashi has earned his fourth win of the season.
- Takahashi 4-6 had a no-hitter in sight heading into the seventh inning.
- Seibu Lio...
- Baseball veteran Kyuji Fujikawa announces retirement after the end of this season.
- The reliever had been playing for Hanshin Tigers.
- The 40-year-old is known for his high-velocity fastballs in Japanese baseball. <...
- Hanshin Tigers debutant Haruto Takahashi delivered brilliant performance on Thursday.
- He avoided being swept at home by winning over the Yomiuri Giants.
- Haruto’s start to the season was delayed due to his fitness is...
- The state can provide better protection from COVID – 19
- The game was postponed due to the outbreak
On Tuesday, Gov. Cuomo invited Major League Baseball teams to New York. He asked to play out the rest o...
- Pacific League on Tuesday saw Nippon Ham Fighters win against Orix Buffaloes.
- Sho Nakata had a homerun twice and drove in five runs.
- Uwasawa made seven hits and two walks at Sapporo Dome.
- In Central League, Yo...
- Baseball Fans yesterday in South Korea were in for a treat when they were allowed into stadiums to watch their favorite match in progress.
- The seating capacity was essentially very limited to 10% of full strength.
This was to practice social distancing rules i...
- South Korean baseball fans gathered at the stadiums on Sunday for the first time in 2020.
- The government of South Korea has decided that 10% of seats will be available at the Korean Baseball Organisation (KBO) games from Sunday.
- Yomiuri Giants overpower Chunichi Dragons in Central League.
- Cristopher Mercedes, the starter for Yomiuri Giants got the first win.
- Hiroto Fuku, reliever of Chunichi Dragons took the loss.
- The Giants broke ope...
- South Korea is going allow limited number of fans to sports events.
- South Korea still needs to enforce social distancing as the menace of coronavirus is not over.
- Social distancing rules were relaxed in South Korea in early MAY 2...
- The 2020 Season of Japanese Baseball has started.
- Delayed by three months, now the Season will end in November this year.
- The league has laid down many precautionary measures to ensure that players and staff stay safe coronavirus...