Search result for US economy
• This addition happens to above the average of the last three months.
• The Thursday’s Labor Department report stated that unemployment claims went down by 51,000 to 364,000
Bright signs of the American economy are clearly as the employers...
• According to a report by the US Labor Department released on Thursday, jobless claims fell by 51,000 to 364,000
• The United States stands only next to India in terms of administering doses of COVID-19 vaccine
Showing that the US economy is imp...
• Yellen said she was engaged in very constructive bilateral conversations with the Irish finance minister on the issue
• According to Yellen, she hopes for progress on the tax issue, which is being negotiated under the leadership of the Organization for C...
• The worst affected economy in the globe courtesy of the COVID-19 saw jobless claims going down to 376,000 which is 9,000 lesser than last week’s 385,000
• A Labor Department report released on Tuesday said the job openings had hit a record 9.3 mill...
• As the rise is number of jobs added is almost double, the unemployment rate went down from 6.1 percent to 5.8%.
• the Thursday's Labor Department report said that number of people filing for unemployment claims went down to 385,000
• According to the Labor Department, the number of jobless claims went to 385,000, falling by 20,000 as compared to the week before
• Nearly 1.8 million jobs were added by the employers in the US this year, which is an average of over 450,000 a month...
• Unveiling the proposal, Schumer said “American manufacturing has suffered rather dramatically from a chip shortage.”
• Along with boosting chip production, this proposal also includes $49.5 billion in emergency supplemental appropriations to ...
• Dallas Federal Reserve President Robert Kaplan has raised the prospect of a worrisome rise in US inflation expectations
• It is being said that the boost in spending that is helping fuel price hikes will subside once extra savings are gone and government...
• This addition of jobs was done to meet the increased demand, caused by the reopening of businesses thanks to improving public health and financial boost from the federal government
• As per the survey conducted by Reuters economists, nonfarm payrolls lik...
• This growth in the economy showcases impetus provided by government aid and the number of COVID-19 cases going downwards
• As per the economists, the growth in the present quarter is likely to be faster and reach annual pace of 10 percent
• Apple Inc. is planning to invest more than $430 billion in the US along with generating 20,000 jobs across the country over the period of next five years
• Apple had previously announced five-year goal of $350 billion in the year 2018
• The authors wrote in the study, unlike what was predicted, our results may represent an optimistic update to views about pandemic-related business failure
• The chair of Federal Reserve Jerome Powell has said that the US economy is all set to witness a b...
1. According to Federal Reserve data released on Thursday, the jump of 2.7 percent in output comes after a downwardly revised 3.7% decline in February
2. The numbers for March was lower than forecast courtesy of automakers as they continued to deal with the shortages o...
• Speaking to CBS' 60 Minutes, chair Jerome Powell said that he is not expecting to raise the Fed’s benchmark interest rate, which at present is pegged at around zero
• The Fed is keenly studying the development of a digital dollar, but has not y...
• Powell told a virtual panel that his commute home takes him past substantial tent city, and thinks that there millions of Americans who are still trying to get back to work
• The impact of Powell’s speech was clearly visible on the stock market as ...
• The President Joe Biden administration is coming up with new proposals on taxing multinational companies
• The newly-elected administration is looking to restrict the companies falling under an agreement that would deal with the challenge of taxing incom...
• The report drafted by FWD.us, in association with George Mason University, projects that the US economy will be three-quarters the size of China’s by 2050 under current US population trends and immigration levels
According to a study released on Wednesd...
• According to the Commerce Department data released on Wednesday, the gap in trade of both goods and services went up to a sum of $71.1 billion in February from a revised $67.8 billion a month prior
• On the other hand, total imports went down by 0.7% to ...
• The President of the United States, Joe Biden, said that the new infrastructure proposal worth $2 trillion would result in creation of 19 million jobs over the period of next 10 years
• The Biden administration officials have also said that the President...
• This surge in jobs is a result of increased vaccinations and lesser curbs on businesses
• The Labor Department report said nonfarm payrolls went up by 916,000 in March and February unemployment was revised up to a 468,000 gain
• As per the...