Search result for Olympics
- World Anti-Doping Agency will review the status of marijuana
- Sha’Carri Richardson gets a 30-day suspension in Olympics
The World Anti-Doping Agency will review the status of cannabis as one of the banned substances, as US sprinter Sh...
- The sports agency of Japan is planning to establish national training centers
- The national training centers are for skateboarding, sport climbing, surfing, and BMX freestyle park
The sports agency of Japan is planning to e...
As, Japan is hosting Olympics this month, medals have been pouring in as well as the there is an increase in the number of cases. Tokyo has exceeded the mark of 3000 cases in a day, on Wednesday. This is the highest since the pandemic began.
Tara Kono spoke to the press and said that th...
The 49th general elections for the House of Representatives, of Japan are going to be conducted soon. All the political parties are eagerly eyeing the dissolution of the House of Representatives.
The dissolution of the lower house is scheduled to take place after the Olympics and Paraly...
• The Japanese flag that portrays a red sun with 16 rays extending outward, is resented by several people in South Korea
According to the statement issued by South Korea’s Olympic committee on Saturday, following a ruling from the Interna...
• This athlete from Uganda went missing from western Japan on Friday
• The officials said it were his teammates who had realized that he was absent around noon Friday after his saliva test sample was not delivered
A Ugandan athlete who failed to ...
• Citing abundance of caution, this match was cancelled by the USA Basketball on Thursday night
• The U.S. has already been beaten by Nigeria and Australia in two exhibition games
The exhibition game between the United States' male basketbal ...
• The UN Chief said "Seeking peace and uniting around common goals is even more important this year, as we strive to end the pandemic and build a strong, sustainable and inclusive global recovery.”
According to the statement issued by the office of s...
• The American first lady’s visit to Japan comes at a time when country is witnessing a spike in the number of new cases of the COVID-19 infections
• According to Michael LaRosa, press secretary for the first lady, she will not have to quarantine in ...
• The Prime Minister of Japan Yoshihide Suga held a meeting with key ministers to discuss virus measures
With less than two weeks for the Tokyo Olympics and in wake pf rising cases of COVID-19 in Tokyo, the government of Japan has decided to declare a new...
• Previously members from Uganda's Olympic squad too had tested positive for the coronavirus upon his arrival in June
• Ikeda said "Since they are expected to be isolated for two weeks, the Serbian rowing team is unlikely to come to Nanto for trai...
• While the government had lifted state of emergency in nearly nine prefectures, Tokyo and three neighbouring prefectures were kept under a 'quasi' state of emergency till July 11
According to the sources, the Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga government of...
• This statement from Yamashita came after two members of Uganda's team tested positive last week immediately after their arrival in Japan
After a year of delay, Tokyo Olympics is finally happening but this time with very lower number of spectators. Despite...
• The decision was made unanimously by Tokyo 2020 organisers, Japanese government officials, the Tokyo government, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and the International Paralympic Committee
After a year of delay courtesy of the COVID-19 pandemic, one ...
• A report by Reuters said that the Japanese government will be lifting the state of emergencies on June 20 ahead of the Tokyo Olympics that is all set to start on July 23
As the date of sporting events Olympics is nearing, the government of Japan has decided t...
- Tokyo may be under a quasi-state of emergency during the Olympics.
- Tokyo has been under a stricter state of emergency since late April.
- The government is now however planning to lift the emergency in most of the prefectur...
- Japan govt. to receive additional Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines.
- It will receive vaccine doses for additional 20,000 workers involved in the Tokyo Olympics.
- The vaccination program for Tokyo Games workers will begin on Thursda...
- Opposition party in Japan seeks extension of diet session by 3 months.
- The country’s main opposition party plans conduct further debate on the govt.'s COVID-19 response.
- The CDPJ's head of Diet affairs Jun A...
- Japan’s digitalization minister admits to coercing app developer to cut costs.
- A smartphone app for monitoring the health of foreign visitors during the Tokyo Games.
- Hirai said the cost of developing and operating t...
- Tokyo Olympics’ GPS tracking for visitors will not be real time.
- The GPS would be used to trace and confirm their movements retroactively if a problem arises.
- Everyone entering Japan from abroad for the games will b...