Search result for Liberal Democratic Party
Masatoshi Akimoto, a member of the ruling Liberal Democratic Party of Japan, resigned as vice foreign minister on Friday amid allegations that he received tens of millions of yen in bribes from a wind power company, according to sources close to the situation.
According to the sources, ...
The ruling Liberal Democratic Party of Japan, led by Prime Minister Fumio Kishida, won four of the five Diet seats up for grabs in by-elections held on Sunday, which bodes well for him amid rumors that he may soon dissolve the lower house.
The LDP won the Yamaguchi Nos. 2 and 4 district...
A government panel on Tuesday encouraged "the entire nation" to pay a greater cost in order to strengthen the country's military capabilities in the face of mounting security concerns, basically asking for tax increases rather than fresh national bond issuances.
The panel ...
- Opposition party in Japan seeks extension of diet session by 3 months.
- The country’s main opposition party plans conduct further debate on the govt.'s COVID-19 response.
- The CDPJ's head of Diet affairs Jun A...
- Japan parliament to amend national referendum law.
- The revision in the law will makes it easier for citizens to vote.
- The revision also coincides with growing calls for the introduction of an emergency clause.
- Opposition parties in Japan seek extension of parliament session.
- The opposition parties are asking more time to debate COVID-19 vaccination programs.
- They also wish to discuss whether to hold the Tokyo Olympics and Paral...
- Tokyo assembly groups vote against the cancellation of Summer Olympics.
- The Tokyo Metropolitan assembly groups include Tokyoites First, the Liberal Democratic Party, and Komeito, JCP, and CDP.
- The Tokyoites First group su...
- Japan’s PM apologizes for negligence in protection of construction workers.
- The asbestos construction workers had contracted lung cancer and other illnesses.
- The Supreme Court of Japan ruled that the state should ha...
- Former LDP lawmaker questions govt. on use of maiden name as alias.
- Ex policy chief Tomomi Inada have doubts on granting permission for the use of aliases.
- Inada has also raised an issue with Japan's current system fo...
- Japan lawmakers to make new sanctions over human rights abuses.
- Lawmakers from ruling and opposition parties have launched a bipartisan group for the same.
- The group is jointly led by LDP member Gen Nakatani, and Shiori Y...
- Japan passes bill to tighten regulations on foreigners purchasing land.
- Japan Cabinet approved a bill on the same on Friday.
- The government aims to turn the bill into law during the current Diet session through June. ...
- Anri Kawai submits her resignation as lawmaker after vote-buying scandal.
- The upper house member was found to be guilty last month.
- Her husband, a former justice minister is also under trial for the same.
- Anri ...
- Japan to introduce fines that fail to comply with the country’s COVID-19 measures.
- The bill on the infectious disease law calls for introducing fines of up to 500,000 yen.
- Parliament began deliberations on the ...
- Japan govt. suspends entry of all non-resident foreign nationals.
- The measure has been taken in an effort to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus.
- Japanese and resident foreigners will require signing a pledge upon ar...
- Japan likely to equip long-range standoff missiles in two new Aegis vessels.
- The Cabinet Office on Friday approved the building of the two new vessels.
- The vessels are expected to take around eight years to be constructe...
- Japan PM attends large dinner party with celebrities; forgoes COVID-19 protocol.
- Japan has suspended ‘Go To Travel’ campaign nationwide due to surging COVID-19 cases.
- COVID-19 guidelines currently suggest a ga...
- Tokyo District Court prosecutors demand 18-month imprisonment for Anri Kawai.
- The lawmaker has been indicted of vote-buying for the House of Councillors election.
- Anri Kawai conspired with her husband to violate the elect...
- Japan’s LDP approves Cabinet’s draft plan on long-range anti-ship missiles.
- On Friday, the Cabinet will approve the above mentioned plan.
- The standoff missile will be capable of launching itself from land as w...
- Japan PM and LDP to raise out-of-pocket medical expenses from 10% to 20%.
- The medical expenses would be for people aged 75 or above in single-household.
- The single-household must have an annual income of at least 2 millio...
- Japan’s LDP approves tax reform package for fiscal 2021.
- The planned tax cuts on home and car purchases will continue to remain.
- Private sector asked to work towards carbon reduction and digitalization with revision...