Search result for JAPANESE GOVERNMENT
- Economic assessment by Japanese Govt. for December remains unchanged.
- The Cabinet Office reported the Japanese economy to be slowly picking up.
- The latest report upgraded its view on exports and imports.
- For th...
- Berlin decides to keep ‘Comfort Woman’ statue; Japan expresses regret.
- The statue was installed by a South Korean civic group in Berlin’s Mitte district.
- The Mitte district has permitted the installation...
- Postponement of the Tokyo Games 2021 would cost around 200 billion yen: OC.
- The central, Tokyo metropolitan govt. and the Tokyo Olympic organizing committee will further discuss plans.
- The Tokyo Olympics organizing commit...
- Pandemic saw Japanese school children indulge in 50-year-old Doraemon comic series.
- More than 5 million comic books were printed in the 12 months to November.
- The comic book has a total of 45 volumes.
- In March ...
- Japan government plans to give tax incentives to foreign residents in the country.
- The plan comes with respect to turning the country into an international financial hub.
- The Cabinet is expected to approve the government&...
- Business lobbies in Japan aim to have women for executive positions.
- The biggest business lobbies are aiming for 30% of the above positions by 2030.
- Japan occupies the last place in the World Economic Forum’s gender...
- Japanese government plans to abolish the cap on income for fertility treatment.
- The cap in order to qualify for subsidies, a couple’s combined annual income is currently set at 7.3 million yen.
- Japan’s current...
- Gunma prefecture to continue participation in the ‘Go To Travel’ subsidy plan.
- It will also continue the ‘Go To Eat’ program announced by the central government earlier.
- The current state of infect...
- Japan’s JTB Corp. to reduce workforce under broad restructuring.
- JTB is said to have recorded a net loss of 78.17 billion yen for the April-September period.
- The company plans to reduce 115 outlets in Japan and clos...
- Pandemic forces Japanese companies to cut back on job offers to new graduates.
- Only 69.8% of university students graduating next spring have received job offers.
- The ratio has fallen to below 70% in October alone.
- Australia and Japan leaders reach a basic agreement over bilateral defense pact.
- On Tuesday, the leaders from the above countries held in-person talks.
- Japan considers Australia to be a semi-ally and signed a defense coop...
- Japanese architectural craftsmanship recommended to UNESCO’s intangible heritage list.
- The recommendation covers techniques in 17 areas.
- The traditional techniques enhance the resilience of buildings to earthquakes ...
- Bonus for Japanese Govt. employees to be cut for fiscal 2020.
- The decision was in line with the National Personnel Authority’s recommendation.
- The annual summer and winter bonuses would be worth 4.45 months of sala...
- Electric power firms in Japan aim to strengthen and increase conventional sources of energy.
- Prime Minister of Japan by 2050 has pledged to cut greenhouse gas emissions to net-zero.
- Shikoku Electric Power Co. on Nov.1 wil...
- Entry ban to be lifted by Japan for China, South Korea, Taiwan, 6 other countries.
- Japan still continues to suspend visa waiver agreements with other countries.
- Japanese nationals and foreign residents returning from ove...
- Japanese companies’ retained profits hit a record high in fiscal 2019.
- Retained corporate profits in the year through March rose by 2.6 percent.
- Pretax profits of domestic companies plummeted by 14.9 percent. ...
- Japanese govt. plans to support the development of batteries for electric vehicles.
- An action plan for the same is said to be compiled by the end of this year.
- Prime Minister of Japan has pledged to cut greenhouse ga...
- Japan’s 3 major mobile phone carriers to put out cheaper plans as per govt. request.
- KDDI Corp. will start offering a 20 GB plan for 3,980 yen.
- An action plan by the govt. was released to spur competition among tel...
- Japanese Govt. calling people to take extended New Year holidays.
- The remark has caused concern among LDP members.
- LDP Diet Affairs Committee Chairman Hiroshi Moriyama commented on the same.
- PM Yoshihide Suga ...
- BOJ begins a two-day policy meeting on Wednesday to assess the economy.
- BOJ in July had forecasted the economy to shrink by 4.7 percent in fiscal 2020.
- The central bank also forecasted the consumer price index to drop by ...