Search result for JAPAN PRIME MINISTER
- Japan conducted the year’s ordinary parliamentary session; PM gave a policy speech.
- PM Suga vowed to bring the coronavirus situation under control in the country.
- The country is said to continue to host the Tokyo Ol...
- Japan govt. suspends entry of all non-resident foreign nationals.
- The measure has been taken in an effort to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus.
- Japanese and resident foreigners will require signing a pledge upon ar...
- BOJ Governor suggests country’s economy severe and recovery be moderate.
- Later in the day, BOJ is scheduled to release its quarterly Sakura report on regional economies.
- BOJ Governor Kuroda said the consumer price i...
- 7 additional prefectures to be added under Japan’s state of emergency order.
- Tochigi, Gifu, Hyogo, Kyoto, Fukuoka, Osaka, and Aichi prefectures will be the newly added prefectures.
- Declaration of a state of emergenc...
- Japan PM informs the ruling party of the plans to expand the state of emergency.
- Aichi and Gifu prefecture in central Japan seeks to be added to the state of an emergency measure.
- Suga is said to declare a state of emerge...
- PM Yoshihide Suga likely to declare a state of emergency around Thursday.
- The state of emergency if so declared would be in Tokyo and 3 neighboring prefectures.
- The plan of emergency may be in place for about one month.
- Yoshihide Suga vows to bring COVID-19 under control; push forward with Olympics.
- Suga in his New Year’s speech thanked frontline health care workers for working to fight the coronavirus.
- Currently, the Tokyo Olympic...
- SoftBank Corp. unveils new cheaper telecom plans as the government asked.
- The telecom service company will launch the new plan in March.
- The plan is of 2,980 yen with 20 GB of data usage.
- The new prices are sai...
- Japan PM attends large dinner party with celebrities; forgoes COVID-19 protocol.
- Japan has suspended ‘Go To Travel’ campaign nationwide due to surging COVID-19 cases.
- COVID-19 guidelines currently suggest a ga...
- Japan to review progress of its goal towards reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- PM of Japan has earlier vowed to become a carbon-neutral country by 2050.
- Japan will support global decarbonization by providing around $11....
- Additional $3.7 billion in reserve funds to be used in Japan to fight the pandemic.
- The Cabinet Office on Friday decided to use the funds to extend the travel subsidy program.
- The emergency spending includes 311.93 billio...
- Japan PM and LDP to raise out-of-pocket medical expenses from 10% to 20%.
- The medical expenses would be for people aged 75 or above in single-household.
- The single-household must have an annual income of at least 2 millio...
- Discussions continue in Japan over acquiring strike capability vessels.
- No deadline for decision on the above matter has yet been decided.
- The Cabinet Office is yet to approve a plan a next week over building of two new n...
- Corporate earnings to bring down tax revenue in Japan for fiscal 2020.
- Tax revenue is expected to fall short by more than 8 trillion yen.
- Tax revenue in the current fiscal year through March may total to about 55 trillion...
- Toyota to start trials of fuel cell electric delivery trucks with convenience stores.
- Three major Japanese convenience store operators will take part in the trial test.
- The fuel cell vehicles will use hydrogen to generate...
- Japan has compiled an additional economic package worth $707 billion.
- The amount would be used to ease the economic impact of the pandemic.
- The package will include extensions of subsidy programs such as ‘Go To Trav...
- Japan and U.S conduct large-scale joint military drills; media invited to view.
- The drill was launched due to growing assertiveness in the East and South China seas.
- The two countries practiced two exercises, namely &ndas...
- Hayabusa2 returns to earth with Ryugu asteroid samples; PM office congratulates.
- The space probe brought back samples from the 4.6 billion-year-old asteroid.
- The PM office congratulated Hayabusa2 project manager Yuichi Ts...
- Japan Govt. to aim for ban sales of gasoline-only cars by mid-2030s.
- Japan aims to promote all-electric, fuel cell, gasoline-electric, and plug-in hybrid cars.
- In 2019, the domestic sale of lower-or-zero-emissions cars, i...
- NTT Docomo after Japanese govt. requests to cut mobile phone fees.
- The company will become the first to do so among major carriers.
- The company plans to offers 20 GB monthly plans at 3,000 yen.
- Rival companies ...