Search result for JAPAN PARLIAMENT
OPPOSITION PARTY IN JAPAN SEEKS EXTENSION OF DIET SESSION BY 3 MONTHS
- Opposition party in Japan seeks extension of diet session by 3 months.
- The country’s main opposition party plans conduct further debate on the govt.'s COVID-19 response.
- The CDPJ's head of Diet affairs Jun A...
JAPAN PARLIAMENT TO AMEND NATIONAL REFERENDUM LAW
- Japan parliament to amend national referendum law.
- The revision in the law will makes it easier for citizens to vote.
- The revision also coincides with growing calls for the introduction of an emergency clause.
OPPOSITION PARTIES IN JAPAN SEEK EXTENSION OF PARLIAMENT SESSION
- Opposition parties in Japan seek extension of parliament session.
- The opposition parties are asking more time to debate COVID-19 vaccination programs.
- They also wish to discuss whether to hold the Tokyo Olympics and Paral...
JAPAN’S TOP COVID ADVISOR WORRIED ABOUT HOLDING OF OLYMPIC GAMES
- Japan’s top COVID advisor worried about holding of Olympic Games.
- Shigeru Omi said that hosting the summer games is “not normal”.
- He asked the organizers' to scale the event down and strengthen the m...
JAPAN LAWMAKERS TO MAKE NEW SANCTIONS OVER HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSES
- Japan lawmakers to make new sanctions over human rights abuses.
- Lawmakers from ruling and opposition parties have launched a bipartisan group for the same.
- The group is jointly led by LDP member Gen Nakatani, and Shiori Y...
JAPAN PARLIAMENT APPROVED AGREEMENT ON COST SHARING TO HOST U.S FORCES
- Japan parliament approved agreement on cost sharing to host U.S forces.
- Japan will bear $1.83 billion starting from April as host nation support.
- The amount covers expenses for approximately 55,000 U.S military personnel....
JAPAN GOVT. OUTSTANDING LONG-TERM DEBT TO REACH $9.12 TRILLION
- Japan govt. outstanding long-term debt to reach $9.12 trillion.
- The debt is said to be the worst among developed countries.
- The Japan parliament passed the budget for fiscal 2021, with a record 106.61 trillion yen. ...
JAPAN TO INTRODUCE FINES THAT FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THE COUNTRY’S COVID-19 MEASURES
- Japan to introduce fines that fail to comply with the country’s COVID-19 measures.
- The bill on the infectious disease law calls for introducing fines of up to 500,000 yen.
- Parliament began deliberations on the ...
JAPAN ALLOCATES 3RD EXTRA BUDGET OF $185 BILLION FOR FISCAL 2020
- Japan allocates 3rd extra budget of $185 billion for fiscal 2020.
- The 3rd extra budget contains 15.43 trillion yen in newly allocated funds.
- The supplementary budget cleared the House of Councillors after passing the Hous...
JAPAN PARLIAMENT APPROVES OF THE COUNTRY’S POST-BREXIT FREE TRADE DEAL WITH BRITAIN
- Japan parliament approves of the country’s post-BREXIT free trade deal with Britain.
- The trade deal will be enforced from Jan.1, 2021.
- The deal was earlier signed in October by the Japanese Foreign Minister and Brit...
JAPAN PARLIAMENT PASSED A BILL TO PROTECT THE IP OF FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
- Japan parliament passed a bill to protect the IP of fruits and vegetables.
- The bill is aimed to track illicit outflow from the cultivators of the country to other countries.
- Seeds and seedlings of certain domestic varieti...
JAPAN PARLIAMENT ENACTS A LAW TO COVER RESIDENTS COVID-19 VACCINE COSTS
- Japan parliament enacts a law to cover residents' COVID-19 vaccine costs.
- The House of Councillors unanimously passed a bill to revise the current vaccination law.
- PM Yoshihide Suga has vowed to secure COVID-19 vaccin...
JAPAN’S ‘MY NUMBER’ ID CARD NOT TO BE LINKED WITH BANK ACCOUNTS
- Japan’s ‘My Number’ ID card not to be linked with bank accounts.
- The government has informally made the above decision for the time being.
- On Nov. 27 the govt. presented a new plan at a working group mee...
JAPAN SC REJECTS APPEAL OF ANRI KAWAI ACCUSED OF VILOLATING ELECTION LAWS
- Japan SC rejects the appeal of Anri Kawai accused of violating election laws.
- The former ruling party member may lose her parliament seat due to the ongoing legal suit.
- The decision of appeal was made by the Supreme Cour...
JAPAN PARLIAMENT PERMITS TO STOP STANDARD MAIL DELIVERY ON SAT., NEXT –DAY SERVICE
- Japan parliament permits to stop standard mail delivery on Sat., next-day service.
- The changes to the revised postal law will take effect around next fall.
- Saturday and Sunday delivery of parcel, express, and registered m...
JAPAN PM TELLS SOUTH KOREAN LAWMAKERS HIS HOPES IN THE IMPROVEMENT OF BILATERAL TIES
- Japan PM tells South Korean lawmakers his hopes in the improvement of bilateral ties.
- Suga reiterated its intention to make the first reconciliatory move.
- Since 2018, bilateral ties between Japan and South Korea have rema...
JAPAN GOVT. AND RULING PARTIES TO HOLD REGULAR DIET SESSION IN LATE JANUARY
- Japan Govt. and ruling parties to hold regular diet session in late January.
- The session has been delayed to make thorough preparations for deliberation on issues.
- The third fiscal 2020 supplementary budget is also likely...
SUGA DISCLOSES GOVT. COORDINATION WITH SCIENCE COUNCIL IN 2017 OVER MEBERS LIST
- Suga discloses govt. coordination with the science council in 2017 over member list.
- The Prime Ministers’ disclosure comes as he faces criticism for rejecting 6 scholars.
- Japanese Communist Party secretariat head A...
BONUS FOR JAPANESE GOVT. EMPLOYEES TO BE CUT FOR FISCAL 2020
- Bonus for Japanese Govt. employees to be cut for fiscal 2020.
- The decision was in line with the National Personnel Authority’s recommendation.
- The annual summer and winter bonuses would be worth 4.45 months of sala...
JAPAN’S NEW PM BEING TESTED FOR HIS ABILITY FOLLOWING A MONTH OF JOINING OFFICE
- Japan’s new PM being tested for his ability following a month of joining office.
- Suga is currently under controversy for his refusal to allow few scholars to join govt. advisory body.
- Suga will be joining the extra...