Search result for JAPAN GOVERNMENT
- Japan govt. reports a 1.0 percent drop in the Dec. consumer price index.
- In 2020, the core CPI dipped 0.2 percent on average.
- In December, electricity bills fell 7.9 percent and gas bills at 9.5 percent.
- Japan reports a fall in sales at 7 major convenience stores in 2020.
- Japanese convenience store sales fell 4.5 percent to $103 billion.
- Newly opened convenience stores in 2020 sales fell by 4.7 percent to 10.16 trillion y...
- Shizuoka prefecture in Japan issues COVID-19 emergency alert over new variant.
- The governor of Shizuoka, Heira Kawakatsu announced the alert at a press conference.
- However, the transmission routes of the new COVID-19 vari...
- Hokkaido prefecture reports 5 people infected by COVID-19 at a home gathering.
- Japan confirmed 4 clusters of coronavirus infections.
- The authorities reported that the drinking sessions were held at the home of one person ...
- Japan reports 3 people having contracted new strain of COVID-19.
- The source of the new strain is however unknown.
- Health authorities believe they contracted the virus through community transmission.
- A total of ...
- Japan Foreign Minister criticizes S. Korea’s court ruling over ‘comfort women’.
- Foreign Minister mentioned that the order for Japan government to pay the damages is an “abnormal” situation.
- Japan conducted the year’s ordinary parliamentary session; PM gave a policy speech.
- PM Suga vowed to bring the coronavirus situation under control in the country.
- The country is said to continue to host the Tokyo Ol...
- Japan to collect data of people infected with COVID-19 even after vaccination.
- The health ministry will prepare a system to gather vaccination records of all infected people.
- It will then evaluate the effectiveness of the...
- Japan begins new unified university entrance exams with anti-COVID-19 measures.
- The current exam replaced the country’s National Center Test for University Admissions.
- Around 866 universities, colleges and junior co...
- Oil leaked by Japanese freighter in Mauritius coastline removal almost complete.
- The bulk carrier Wakashio is owned by Nagashiki Shipping Co. in Okayama Prefecture.
- Nagasiki Shipping official mentioned the visible oil has...
- University Entrance Exam givers banned to wear masks with English writing.
- However, Sharp Corp. masks with their logo are not banned.
- Japan’s National Center for University Entrance Examinations issued the guidance....
- Japan welcomes Britain’s plan to dispatch an aircraft carrier strike group.
- Japan Defense Minister had a video conference call with British counterpart.
- The aircraft carrier strike group will be dispatched in the we...
- Japan’s consumer spending is expected to fall by $19.3 billion.
- The loss would correspond to 0.40 percent of Japan's annual GDP in nominal terms.
- Japan's government has imposed a state of emergency in 11 pre...
- Japan govt. suspends entry of all non-resident foreign nationals.
- The measure has been taken in an effort to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus.
- Japanese and resident foreigners will require signing a pledge upon ar...
- Japan Govt. to give cash handouts to support suppliers of restaurants.
- The government plans to pay $3,800 to suppliers in Tokyo and its vicinity areas.
- The government is to pay 60,000 yen per day to restaurants and bars t...
- Japan’s current account surplus in November rose by 29.0 percent.
- The country’s current account balance registered a surplus of 1.88 trillion yen.
- Primary income marked a surplus of 1.72 trillion yen. <...
- Kirin Holdings Co. reports ranking on top in sales of Beer in 2020.
- The beer company overtook Asahi Group Holdings Ltd. in the number of sales.
- The Japanese government had reduced the country’s liquor tax on beer in...
- Japan likely to declare a state of emergency in Osaka, Kyoto, and Hyogo prefecture.
- The decision for the same will be made probably by this week.
- On Monday around 4,800 COVID-19 cases were reported in the country. ...
- Japan reports 4 people arriving from Brazil infected with new variant of COVID-19.
- Japan PM to take a few days to decide whether to expand the state of emergency.
- Japan’s National Institute of Infectious Diseases di...
- Japan Govt. to impose fine on COVID-19 patients who refuse to be hospitalized.
- The govt. plans to submit the new bill to revise the current infectious disease control law by the end of January.
- The current infectious dise...