Search result for JAPAN ECONOMY
• The Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga’s government has once again announced state of emergency in several prefectures
• This statement from Kato comes at a time when several lawmakers from the ruling Liberal Democratic Party are demanding a new stimulu...
- Japan’s wholesale prices rose by 4.9 percent in May.
- In April, wholesale prices increased 3.8 percent.
- Wholesale prices of petroleum and coal products surged 53.5 percent from a year earlier.
- Japan’s current account surplus rose to $12 billion in April.
- April saw a larger rise in exports than in imports in terms of value.
- Imports jumped 11.3 percent to 6.54 trillion yen.
- Primary income, gained...
- Japan’s economy shrank in Jan-March period by 3.9 percent.
- Real gross domestic product contracted 1.0 percent from the previous quarter.
- Government spending dropped 1.1 percent.
- Capital expenditure decrea...
- BOJ’s total assets in fiscal 2020 rose to $6.5 trillion.
- Japanese government bonds were purchased massively as part of the ultraloose monetary policy.
- The total assets rose 604.48 trillion yen from the previous year...
- Japan govt. downgraded economic assessment as consumption dampens.
- The extended state of emergency over the coronavirus pandemic has led to the downgrade assessment.
- Private consumption in April has shown a weak ton...
- Japan’s exports saw largest increase by 38% in April.
- Exports of goods in April soared to 7.18 trillion yen.
- Imports rose 12.8 percent in April to 6.93 trillion yen.
- Exports to China grew 33.9 percent fro...
- Japan’s economy fell by 4.6 percent in FY 2020 over pandemic.
- GDP in the January-March period shrank an annualized real 5.1 percent from the previous quarter.
- Exports of goods and services plummeted 10.4 percent.
- Coronavirus pandemic increases Japan govt.’s debt to $940 billion in 2020.
- As of March 31, the outstanding balance meaning the debt per capita stood at 9.70 million yen.
- The nation's debt reportedly consisted of...
- Japan estimates economic loss of $9.2 billion over virus emergency.
- The government's decision to extend the emergency will have a negative impact of 600 billion yen.
- The Japanese economy is expected to have plunged in...
- Japan expects its economy to fall by 4.8% in Jan-March period.
- The Japanese Cabinet Office will release preliminary GDP data for this year's Q1 on May 18.
- The economic outlook for coming quarters remains unclear due t...
- BOJ downgraded economic assessments of two regions in the country.
- BOJ is worried about economic recovery from the pandemic which still remains fragile.
- The pandemic has dampened consumption, which accounts for more than...
- Japan’s economy could likely take a hit of $36 billion.
- COVID-19 variant could cause Japan’s economy to fall again.
- With the spread of mutations, Tokyo could deal with over 1,400 daily infections in May. ...
- Japan’s economy grew 11.7 percent in Oct-Dec 2020.
- The country’s real GDP expanded by a double-digit percentage for the 2nd quarter.
- Private consumption remained unchanged from rises of 2.2 percent.
- Japan’s CPI dropped 0.6 percent in January 2021.
- In December 2020 CPI declined 1.0 percent.
- Energy prices, in general, dropped 8.6 percent in January.
- Fees for hotels and other accommodation facilities in...
- Japan's economic key index fell by 1.2 points in December 2020.
- The leading index of economic conditions declined 1.2 points to 94.9 in December.
- The economy reportedly had the largest fall in seven months in Dec...
- Japan’s average monthly spending by households fell in 2020 by 5.3 percent.
- In 2020 monthly household spending with two or more people averaged 277,926 yen.
- Spending on transportation and communication fell 8.6 perc...
- Toyota Motor expects its global output to increase by 9.2 million in 2021.
- The target is said to be higher than the current record of 9.05 million units in 2019.
- In 2020 Toyota's global output fell by half from a year...
- Japan govt. to secure 20,000 freezers for hospital storage of COVID-19 vaccines.
- The govt. will sign contracts with four freezer makers.
- Japan govt. has secured 310 million vaccine doses from Pfizer Inc., Moderna Inc., an...
- Japan begins spring wage negotiations with expectations to slow down pay increases.
- The Japanese Trade Union Confederations are expected to demand a pay hike.
- However, the Keidanren mentioned that pay hikes across the boa...