Search result for BRITAIN
- Japan and Britain agree to lift auto tariffs in 2020 and not earlier than that.
- Japan’s Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi is in London to discuss trade agreements.
- Britain wants to secure a good deal on agricultur...
- Kazuo Ishiguro delivers a special message on the 75th anniversary of Nagasaki bombings.
- He mentioned about the ‘supreme value’ of human life in the message.
- The writer was born nine years after the 1945 bombin...
- Japan and Britain’s AstraZeneca are expected to reach a deal over the COVID-19 vaccine soon.
- The Japanese government will receive a supply of over 100 million doses of the vaccine.
- Japan has already agreed to recei...
- Britain and Japan discussed extensively on various international issues.
- Both countries stand together on the Hong Kong issue.
- Defense and security co-operation was also discussed.
- The two countries are aiming ...
- Toshimitsu Motegi to visit Britain later this week for trade deal discussions.
- He would be the first member of the cabinet to travel overseas since the start of the pandemic.
- Both countries want to build a new bilateral ...
- Japanese Foreign Minister may visit Britain to negotiate a trade deal.
- Motegi is expected to meet Liz Truss in person as early as next month.
- Britain had removed the self-quarantine rule for Japanese travellers earlier t...
- UK Prime Minister ordered Huawei to leave the country’s 5G network by end of 2027.
- Britain is preparing to cast off from the European Union.
- The U.S President may also seem to have pressured Britain to take such an...
- Major UK fashion brand Burberry and retailer ASOS reports their quarterly sales.
- Burberry reported their first-quarter sales diving to 45%.
- ASOS reported UK sales fell 1%, while international sales were up 17%.
- British inflation rises last month; increase in demand for gaming consoles;
- Office for National Statistics reported data for May and June.
- Economists had expected the rate to remain unchanged at 1.2%.
- ONS ment...
- Britain’s Gross Domestic Product starting to recover.
- The GDP slumped in the month of April by 20.3% but rose by 1.8% in May.
- In May and June, private sector data showed some signs of recovery.
- The econo...
- Michael Gove mentions investing $888 million in Britain’s border infrastructure.
- $592 million will be spent to build port and inland infrastructure.
- The border between Northern Ireland will require specific guidanc...
- Britain requested by Huawei Technologies to delay the removal of the 5G network.
- Huawei wishes to delay the removal until the elections in June 2025.
- The Chinese company has pledged to maintain its equipment in the ...
- Britain has turned down the plan to purchase COVID-19 vaccines with the EU.
- The country had assessed the advantages of the European bloc’s bargaining power.
- Britain predicted that the scheme will not allow the coun...
- The British pound edged up by 0.4% against the dollar.
- Trade deal between Britain and EU still remains to weigh on the British currency.
- Finance Minister added $38 billion to help the economy.
- Investors did no...
- UK and EU need to finalize trade deal to save the British retail industry.
- Without tariff-free trade, consumers may face higher prices from next year.
- The sector has already announced thousands of job losses.
- Britain’s well-known retail brands face further job cuts
- Britain’s health and beauty chain Boots and department store John Lewis faces job cuts.
- Britain reported around 5,000 fresh job cuts in the retail sect...
- Rishi Sunak adds $27 billion to help Britain’s unemployment crisis.
- Employers will be paid $1,256 under a new bonus plan.
- Around more than 9 million jobs are covered in the new scheme.
- The country’s...
- Construction companies in the UK report an increase in their activities.
- Companies reported growth in construction services for the month of June.
- Only 7 % of the British economic output accounts for construction se...
- Pubs have reopened in England starting this weekend.
- British Health Minister Matt Hancock encouraged the responsible behaviour of the citizens.
- Britain has eased its lockdown guidelines for restaurants and pubs.
- Coronavirus self-quarantine rule to end for people arriving in England from over 50 countries.
- The list however does not include the United States.
- Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland have not announced plans to lift th...