Search result for unemployment
• As the rise is number of jobs added is almost double, the unemployment rate went down from 6.1 percent to 5.8%.
• the Thursday's Labor Department report said that number of people filing for unemployment claims went down to 385,000
- Japan’s unemployment rate rose to 2.8 percent in April.
- The jobless rate in March climbed from 2.6 percent mark.
- Accommodation and restaurant services lost 200,000 workers.
- The gender gap in the jobless r...
- The unemployment rate in Australia has been dropped by 5.6 percent as the recovery is strengthening
- According to the latest data, the unemployment rate has been dropped to 5.6 percent in March 2021
The unemployment rate i...
- S. Korea reports increase in number of employed people in March.
- The country saw numbers of employed people reach 26.9 million.
- The unemployment rate also rose 0.1% point on-year to 4.3 percent last month.
• This surge in jobs is a result of increased vaccinations and lesser curbs on businesses
• The Labor Department report said nonfarm payrolls went up by 916,000 in March and February unemployment was revised up to a 468,000 gain
• As per the...
• This fall indicates that the economy is improving and one of the major reason behind this is vaccinations
• The Labor Department report showcased that 18.953 million people were still receiving unemployment checks in early March
According to a ...
• According to the report released by the Labor Department on Thursday, the jobless claims went up to 770,000 from 725,000 the week before
• The average of four weeks claims plunged to 746,000, which is the lowest since late November
• The L...
- The unemployment rate in Australia has been dropped by 5.8 percent as the recovery rate strengthens
- The employment in the country has been increased by 88,700 in the month of February 2021
In the month of February 2021, t...
• The Labor Department on Thursday said that applications from laid-off workers jumped 13,000 from the previous week, which was revised sharply higher
• Before the first case of the virus was reported in the month of March last year in the United Sta...
• While all the jobs lost in last month were held by women, men on the other hand gained 16,000 jobs in the same period
• According to the data, Latina and Black women disproportionately work in sectors that were hit hardest by the COVID-19 pandemic...
• According to the Labor Department report, new jobless claims came in at 803,000 for the week ended on December 19
• It is being said that despite high hopes from COVID-19 vaccine rollout, the economy will remain impacted as the country is once again repo...
AMID THE FOURTH WAVE, HONGKONGERS JOBLESSNESS FEAR RISE WITHIN LABOR MARKET DESPITE DECREASED UNEMPLOYMENT RATE
- Hong Kong's joblessness rate declined in November, to 6.3 percent, yet the public authority has cautioned that the city's progressing fourth rush of Covid-19 contaminations are yet putting a strain on employer stability
• According to the data released by the US Labor Department, first-time jobless claims went up by seasonally adjusted 31,000 to 742,000 in a week ended on November 14
• The government said another 320,237 people have applied for benefits via temporary fede...
• The impact of this sluggish rise in employment and the US President Donald Trump testing COVID positive was immediately visible on the stock markets
• According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, private-sector hiring was slightly better with addition of...
• According to the report released on Thursday, 837,000 filed or unemployment claims in the last week as compared to 873,000 in the prior week and this number is less than 850,000, which was predicted by the market analysts
• For the fifth consecutive week...
• According to the Labor Department report, total 870,000 people have filed for jobless claims in the last week, which is more than 866,000 reported a week earlier
• The report also states that the number of workers returning back to their previous j...
- Singapore Airlines (SIA) Group declared jobs cut as an outcome of COVID-19 hampering the aviation industry.
It will cut around 4,300 jobs over its three aircraft, in any case, the affected number might narrow down to 2,40...
• The unemployment rate has gone down from 15 percent in April to 8.4 percent in August
• The U.S. has added nearly 50 percent of total jobs lost in the period of COVID-19 pandemic
• The data states that most of the companies are bringing ba...
- South Dakota is the only state to decline the subsidy
- Texas and Arizona have started paying out the claims
Over the past few weeks, states have been applying for the funds from the Federal Emergency Management Agenc...
- More Americans continue to file new claims for unemployment benefits.
- The U.S is struggling with a setback in the job market due to the pandemic.
- Claims for unemployment benefits have now risen to more than 1 million mark...