Search result for pandemic
- It is difficult to know the number of corona virus deaths have been prevented since the start of the outbreak
- The 1918 flu lacked advance equipment in health care
Researchers warned in a study that the corona virus h...
- Think Tank’s employees can provide nonpartisan public policy analysis
- They cannot engage in politics
Joe Biden is seeking economic advice from Janet Yellen. A group of economists briefed Biden about the economy preva...
- WHO officials have also advised against the herd immunity
- It would overwhelm hospitals and can enormously increase the death toll
Herd immunity is necessary to contain a virus according to the epidemiologists. It implies a...
- Biden advocates for national mask mandate
- Trump accuses him of politicizing the virus
Earlier on Thursday, Biden said that the use of masks shall be made a mandate. Governors shall enforce it. For the next three mont...
- The corona virus pandemic is unlikely to go away completely any soon
- The governments, public health officials, etc. shall work together to bring it under control
In a few of the US states, a worrying rise in the rate of co...
- Once the vaccine is developed, its demand will be much more than its supply
- The vaccine is important for ending the pandemic as well as for re-building the global economy
Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said that there is a hig...
- Banks in Japan continue lending amid pandemic.
- Lending by banks hit the highest record in July.
- Regional banks are still lending loans to small firms hit by the pandemic.
- In July lending by major banks was up ...
- China has found the virus on the surface of imported frozen food
- The issue is being studied by the researchers in China
Dr. Mike Ryan said that the coronavirus does not get transmitted through food. There is no evidence th...
- Trump did not pay much attention to testing
- He did not enforce social distancing and wearing masks efficiently
On Wednesday, Kamala Harris said that the corona virus has adversely affected every country. Howeve...
- McDonald’s Japan reports a rise in sales between January-June.
- Demand in takeaway and delivery services during the pandemic increased.
- Sales rose by 2 percent to $1.3 billion.
- However, net profit was down by 4.9 percent d...
- An amount of $13 billion has been provided for elementary and secondary schools
- New recommendations have been announced for schools reopening to ensure safety
President Trump said that they have to o...
- The total number of Covid-19 deaths in Florida reaches 8,553
- The total number of confirmed cases reaches 542,792
On Tuesday, Florida reported 276 new COVID – 19 deaths. Since the pandemic began, it is the highest num...
- The U.S. recently surpassed 5 million COVID – 19 cases
- Brazil has reported more than 3 million cases
Carissa Etienne said during a news briefing that America has been reporting more than 100,000 new corona viru...
- Modera’s vaccine is in late-stage human trials
- It is expecting the results as early as October
100 million doses of the Modera’s potential vaccine will be purchased by the U.S. gove...
- In the third quarter of the year, small business confidence improved
- It rose to 53 from 49 in Q2
Despite the rise in coronavirus cases, small businesses are adapting operations to the new normal. It is both in the c...
- Japanese Research Company reported lower bankruptcies for the month of July.
- The number fell by 1.6 percent last month to 789 cases.
- Data showed that around 89 firms were out of business due to the pandemic.
- The global operations of the industry were suspended due to the pandemic
- Royal received notable bookings for the cruises in 2021
For the second quarter, Royal Caribbean reported a loss of $1.6 billion. Regardless of the lo...
- Japan’s business sentiment is returning to a normal state.
- The Cabinet Office released data on the diffusion index of confidence among ‘economy watchers’.
- The data was based on a poll conducted on 2,050...
- Trump blames China for the pandemic
- Public health experts cite several other reasons including lack of a coordinated response etc.
On Monday President Donald Trump said that the coronavirus sha...
- Japan reports the first half of the 2020 account surplus to have reached its lowest level.
- Due to the pandemic, the country’s account surplus lowered by 31.4 percent.
- The Finance Ministry reported that in June the a...