Search result for central bank
The European Central Bank raises interest rates by a quarter percentage point and predicts that inflation will remain 'too high for too long'
The European Central Bank announced a new quarter-point rate increase on Thursday, bringing its key rate to 3.75 percent.
The most recent action concludes a full year of consecutive rate increases in the euro zone, which the ECB began in July to combat high inflation.
Against the backdrop of concerns of a bank-led global financial crisis, the Group of Seven finance ministers and central bank governors meeting, which begins on Thursday, is anticipated to concentrate on strengthening the financial system.
Ahead of next week's G7 leaders’ summ...
On the back of a weaker dollar as investors weighed the next move of the U.S. central bank in policy, gold prices climbed to their highest level in nearly two weeks on Friday and are set for their biggest weekly gain since mid-January.
Gold hit its best level since February 20 at $1,847...
The Fed has approved the smallest rate raise since March, in response to an improved inflation outlook.
The Federal Reserve unanimously authorized a quarter-point interest rate hike on Wednesday, reducing the pace of its increases in a clear hint that the central bank is making progress in its war against inflation. The decision, made at the conclusion of the Federal Open Market Committee's fir...
The Bank of Japan has maintained its position despite interest rate increases by the Federal Reserve and other central banks across the world in an effort to reduce inflation.
Japan's benchmark interest rate has been negative 0.1% since 2016. The third-largest economy in the world h...
The central bank chief is balancing between managing inflation and precipitating a recession.
Whiplash, to say the least.
The Federal Reserve raised interest rates for the fourth time in a row on Wednesday, coupled with a statement that Wall Street read as a signal that it mig...
The head of Germany's central bank has said that higher interest rates in the eurozone are "required"
The head of the German central bank, the Bundesbank, stated on Saturday that higher interest rates are required in the eurozone, whose central bank has joined others around the world in boosting rates to calm prices.
Some European Central Bank officials believe that the instability of t...
The retail Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) pilot programme, slated to run from late 2022 to mid-2023, has officially begun, according to the Bank of Thailand.
The study, which will concentrate on the growth of retail CBDC and its potential effects across the banking sector, will ma...
UAE economy is expected to have its greatest expansion in 11 years with an 8.2% first-quarter growth
The central bank anticipates GDP growth of 5.4% this year and 4.24% in 2023.
Due to increasing oil prices and efforts to lessen the effects of the Covid-19 outbreak, the UAE economy expanded by 8.2% in the first three months of this year, marking the country's greatest quarterly gro...
The European Central Bank (ECB) has released its bug report on the proposed EU Artificial Intelligence Act
Grace is a lifelike robot nurse created with artificial intelligence to provide emotional support to patients during a pandemic and make them feel at peace.
Artificial intelligence (AI), a self-teaching system that recognises patterns in previous data, is pervasive in all aspects of lif...
Despite rising inflation, the UAE's economy is on track for 4.2 percent GDP growth, according to the Central Bank
According to the UAE Central Bank's latest quarterly economic assessment, the UAE is on pace to reach the 4.2 percent growth predicted for 2022, even as inflationary pressures rise. It expects real GDP to grow by 2.3 percent in 2021, up from 2.1 percent previously predicted.
On Monday, the Monetary Authority of Singapore issued guidelines limiting the promotional activities of the cryptocurrency trading service providers for the general public. The MAS intends to protect retail investors from potential risks by doing so.
Singapore is home to a number of cry...
On Wednesday, the Australian Treasurer, Josh Frydenberg, announced a consultation on reforms for digital currency, turning heads of crypto enthusiasts.
He said in a speech in Melbourne that the government was analyzing plans for a central bank for digital currency. He stated that the go...
- Cuban government authorizes and regulates the use of cryptocurrency
- Central Bank will be regulating the use of Bitcoin
The Cuban government has given a nod for the authorized use of Cryptocurrency on the island. The govern...
- BOJ refrains from buying ETFs in May for the 1st time.
- BOJ removed a $55 billion annual target for purchases to make ETF buying more flexible in March.
- The BOJ's total assets quadrupled to over 700 trillion yen over t...
- PBOC raise reserve requirement ratio for foreign currency deposits.
- Chinese currency renminbi (RMB) remains high against the U.S. dollar.
- RMB has likely experienced some overshooting against the U.S. dollar.
- Japan’s wholesale prices rose by 3.6 percent in April.
- Prices for oil and coal products rose 39.3 percent.
- Due to the strong demand for nonferrous metal in China, its prices surged 35.2 percent.
- From the ...
- BOK says foreign reserves rose in April 2021.
- The record high of foreign reserves was attributed to the U.S dollar’s weakness.
- As of end-April, the country’s foreign reserves came to the US $452.3 billion.
- China’s wealth management products & property loans rise in Q1.
- At the end of March, China’s banking system had about $3.87 trillion of outstanding wealth management products.
- China's outstanding prope...
- People’s Bank of China to devise structural monetary policy.
- The policy tools will help support the economy for key projects in the reduction of carbon emissions.
- The policy will establish an incentive-compatible me...