Search result for YOSHIHIDE SUGA
- Japanese government plans to abolish the cap on income for fertility treatment.
- The cap in order to qualify for subsidies, a couple’s combined annual income is currently set at 7.3 million yen.
- Japan’s current...
- ‘Go To Travel’ subsidy program to be suspended in areas with rising COVID-19 cases.
- Japan has been recording more than 2,500 new daily COVID-19 cases.
- Suga has asked prefectural governors to consider stopping ...
- Despite the resurgence of COVID-19 in Japan, ‘Go To Travel’ campaign to continue.
- Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga announced the same on Friday.
- The country recorded around 2,385 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday.
- Japan to push for a wider free trade pact among 21 APEC members.
- Japan and 14 other Asian neighbors on Sunday signed the APEC free trade agreement.
- On late Friday Malaysia hosted a virtual meeting of APEC leaders. ...
- Japan on ‘maximum alert’ after recording an average of 2,000 cases per day.
- The Prime Minister of Japan announced the alert on Thursday.
- The Tokyo metropolitan government is also expected to raise its virus al...
- Local Municipal authorities in Japan cannot keep up with ‘My Number’ ID applications.
- Over 5 million people have been unable to receive ‘My Number’ ID cards.
- The Japanese govt. reported to have rec...
- Australia and Japan leaders reach a basic agreement over bilateral defense pact.
- On Tuesday, the leaders from the above countries held in-person talks.
- Japan considers Australia to be a semi-ally and signed a defense coop...
- A bill to give recognition to users of donated eggs as parents submitted in Japan.
- Japan’s ruling and opposition parties jointly submitted the bill on Monday.
- The bill doesn’t recognize the rights of such chil...
- Japan PM and IOC Chief meet; Tokyo Olympics to held as planned next summer.
- IOC chief Thomas Bach is on a four-day visit to Tokyo since Sunday.
- Bach is also scheduled to meet former Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. ...
- Japan PM tells South Korean lawmakers his hopes in the improvement of bilateral ties.
- Suga reiterated its intention to make the first reconciliatory move.
- Since 2018, bilateral ties between Japan and South Korea have rema...
- Japan Govt. and ruling parties to hold regular diet session in late January.
- The session has been delayed to make thorough preparations for deliberation on issues.
- The third fiscal 2020 supplementary budget is also likely...
- Toshiba Corp. to stop taking orders for coal-fired power plants.
- The company is planning to shift its focus to renewable energy.
- The company plans to invest around 160 billion yen by fiscal 2022 in renewable energy. ...
- Japan PM is expected to hold phone talks with U.S President-elect Joe Biden.
- The two are expected to hold talks as early as Thursday.
- Biden is reported to have had phone calls with other world leaders.
- Biden i...
- Japan Prime Minister pledges to secure COVID-19 vaccines for the entire population.
- Suga has mentioned continuing negotiations with firms both in Japan and abroad to secure vaccines.
- U.S drugmaker Pfizer Inc. has reported...
- Suga congratulates Biden and hopes to strengthen Japan-U.S security alliance.
- Suga also congratulated Vice President-elect Kamala Harris for the victory.
- The Prime Minister has mentioned considering the best timing for ph...
- Suga discloses govt. coordination with the science council in 2017 over member list.
- The Prime Ministers’ disclosure comes as he faces criticism for rejecting 6 scholars.
- Japanese Communist Party secretariat head A...
- Japan will not refer to acquiring strike capabilities against foreign bases.
- Next month the Defense Ministry will be revising its national defense plan.
- The Japanese government had scrapped the Aegis Ashore missile defens...
- Suga reveals omission of scholars was informed by Deputy Chief Secretary.
- Earlier Suga mentioned that he had not looked at the list of 105 scholars, including the 6 eliminated ones.
- Kiyomi Tsujimoto deputy chief of the o...
- Competition among 3 Japanese cities rises to invite foreign companies.
- Osaka, Fukuoka, Tokyo are among the cities competing to become an international financial hub.
- Many foreign financial institutions have offices in Tok...
- Avian flu breakout in Western Japan confirmed by Japan Farm Minister.
- It is said to be the first bird flu outbreak in the country since January 2018.
- Katora Nogami announced that countermeasures will be taken.