Search result for YOSHIHIDE SUGA
- Tokyo may be under a quasi-state of emergency during the Olympics.
- Tokyo has been under a stricter state of emergency since late April.
- The government is now however planning to lift the emergency in most of the prefectur...
- NTT President to take pay cut over dining case with govt. officials.
- The president and other executives will take a pay cut for three months.
- NTT President Jun Sawada will take a pay cut of 40 percent for three months fro...
- Opposition parties in Japan seek extension of parliament session.
- The opposition parties are asking more time to debate COVID-19 vaccination programs.
- They also wish to discuss whether to hold the Tokyo Olympics and Paral...
- Japan, S. Korea has no plan to meet separately during G-7 summit.
- Yoshihide Suga is set to meet with U.S. President Joe Biden during a G-7 summit.
- G-7 host Britain has invited Moon Jae In as a guest to the in-person summi...
- Japan PM’s reception for Tokyo Olympic overseas dignitaries stands cancelled.
- The reception was to be held on the day of the Tokyo Olympic closing ceremony, on Aug. 8.
- The reception at a Tokyo hotel was also expecte...
- Japan’s top COVID advisor worried about holding of Olympic Games.
- Shigeru Omi said that hosting the summer games is “not normal”.
- He asked the organizers' to scale the event down and strengthen the m...
- Japan PM pledge $800 million toward COVAX facility.
- Suga also plans to offer part of Japan's vaccine supply to the effort.
- Japan has already pledged $200 million; however it is looking to boost its contribution. ...
- Amusement parks, dept. stores, cinemas reopen in Tokyo, Osaka.
- Coronavirus restrictions on some businesses were partially eased.
- Dept. stores are now permitted to operate fully on weekdays with shortened business hours.
- Japan and Britain to push through free and open Indo-Pacific.
- Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga and his British counterpart Boris Johnson held a telephonic conversation on the same.
- They agreed on close cooperation involving ...
- Tokyo to ask an extension of COVID-19 state of emergency.
- The infection rate in Tokyo has not subsided with the Olympics just two months away.
- Tokyo Gov. Yuriko Koike is hoping the state of emergency to be extended beyond...
- Japan govt. to add Okinawa under COVID-19 state of emergency.
- Okinawa has been reporting a surge in COVID-19 cases.
- Okinawa Gov. Denny Tamaki requested the central govt. for the same.
- Okinawa is currently under...
- Japan to discuss approval for Moderna, AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.
- The formal approval could be expected to come on Friday.
- The same vaccines are used overseas for people aged 18 or older.
- Prime Minister Yosh...
- Japan considers allowing pharmacists to administer COVID-19 vaccines.
- The plan comes as Japan aims to boost vaccination process.
- Online bookings for inoculations for the elderly began from Monday.
- Around 30 pre...
- Japan’s PM apologizes for negligence in protection of construction workers.
- The asbestos construction workers had contracted lung cancer and other illnesses.
- The Supreme Court of Japan ruled that the state should ha...
- Hokkaido, Okayama & Hiroshima to come under COVID-19 state of emergency.
- Infections continue to surge ahead of this summer's Tokyo Olympics.
- Okayama and Hiroshima were planned to be put under a quasi-emergency ear...
- Japan govt. to set aside $4.7 billion for FY 2021 in reserve funds.
- The funds will be earmarked to purchase more COVID-19 vaccines.
- Pfizer is expected to supply 50 million doses from July through September.
- Japan’s clothing items generate over 95 million tons of CO2 a year.
- About 98% of garments in the Japanese market in 2020 were imported from overseas.
- Around 5 million tons are attributed to burning unsold clothes of...
- ANA plans to cut down its CO2 emissions to zero by 2050.
- It seeks to increase the use of fuels derived from waste oil and other non-fossil sources.
- ANA will cooperate with Toshiba Corp. and euglena Co. on achieving the go...
- Japan PM asks Pfizer Inc. to provide additional supplies of vaccine.
- Suga made the request to Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla in a telephone conversation.
- The govt. will expand tougher COVID-19 restrictions next week to all thre...
- Yoshihide Suga vows to maintain ground over China’s assertiveness.
- China has been increasing its military and economic assertiveness lately over the East and South China seas.
- Japan is said to strive to enhance its ...