Search result for Wuhan virus
- Corporate suspensions and cancellations, especially for international business travel, have witnessed a sharply due to the Covid-19 outbreak.
- The results were announced after a careful study by the Global Business Travel Association in thei...
- As Italy becomes the worst-hit nation outside of Asia, a number of airlines scale back flights and extend/ issue change waivers.
American Airlines is suspending all its operations to and from Milan, a part of the CO...
- Ford has announced a ban on all business trips after two employees based in China tested positive for the COVID-19.
- The deadly coronavirus disease has infected over 93,000 people around the world, including 128 in the United States. ...
• Unnecessary travel may be curbed and people have been urged to work from home in major parts of the country.
• A new legislation will be introduced that will ensure ministers have the power to prepare for a widespread outbreak if the ne...
• The IATA (International Air Transport Association) requested major aviation regulators around the world to suspend airport slot requirements as the coronavirus outbreak fuelled the rising flight cancellations.
• The outbreak of the COVI...
• The Trump administration recently announced that it was raising the travel advisory level for parts of Italy, South Korea, and other nations where the coronavirus has spread widely.
• On Sunday, Trump said in a tweet that all passengers...
• Ethylene demand from China had shown an ever-dropping decline since the Lunar New Year holidays in January.
• Petrochemical sources said the sluggish demand situation dragged on following the COVID-19 outbreak in China with an extended ...
- The organizers of the 2020 Tokyo Olympics dismissed speculations that the coronavirus could lead to the cancellation of the international games.
- In an emailed statement to NPR, the International Olympic Committee confirmed that preparation...
• China, Italy, South Korea, and Iran, among several other countries, have reported significant numbers of confirmed coronavirus cases.
• Governments are doing their best to contain the threat and have imposed several regulations. Yet, th...
• Although the funds may have been raised under the looming threat of the novel coronavirus, the company’s technology is already being used in more than 100 hospitals.
• The technology helps test for infection-causing pathogens in i...
- Spot gold rose to 1.6% at $1,669.80 per ounce.
- U.S. gold futures increased 1.5% to $1,672.80.
- rise in coronavirus cases in numerous countries outside China has caused fear about worldwide effect on the economic growth
- The extended lunar holidays coupled with the prolonged shutdown of the Chinese automobile and car part-manufacturing factories have led to rising concerns among the original equipment manufacturers around the world.
Most of the cruc...
- Italians prepare for a week-long quarantine in thousands after the announcement on Sunday.
- Locals faced with new lockdown measures express nervousness and dismay over limited food stocking options.
With the death of two p...
• Almost 70 citizens of the United Kingdom are expected to leave the ship and board a pre-scheduled repatriation flight on Friday.
• The passengers from the quarantined ship are due to land in Wiltshire on Saturday
• They w...
- U.S. government expects China to honor its commitments made under the trade deal.
- China pledged to buy U.S. goods worth $77 billion in 2020 and $123 billion by 2021.
- According to the Global Times Newspaper, China will buy 10 mil...
- The Hyatt Hotels Group expects a full-year RevPAR growth in the range of negative 0.5 to 1.5 percent for the year 2020.
- Growth of Net Rooms is expected to be in the range of 6.5 to 7 percent, representing 80 planned new hotel openings.
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average up by 0.4%.
- The S&P 500 surged by 0.5%.
- The Nasdaq Composite has seen a hike of 0.87%.
On Wednesday, the U.S. equity markets ended the traded session on a positive note. Thi...
• While infection rates in China show a gradual decrease, Japan reported two fatalities from the quarantined Diamond Princess Cruise ship docked in the Yokohama port
• The coronavirus-related death victims are believed to be an elderly ma...
• The ship was carrying a total of 3,700 passengers and crew, those who tested negative but were in cabins with infected people will remain on board for additional quarantine.
• The largest outbreak of the Covid-19 virus other than mainla...
- Apple Inc. stated on Monday that it will unlikely to meet sales target which was set just three weeks ago.
- Manufacturing facilities in China have reopened, however, they are ramping up more slowly than expected.
- China accounted ...