Search result for TOKYO OLYMPICS
On Friday, Japanese authorities searched the offices of big advertising firm Dentsu, as the probe into the Tokyo Olympics scandal intensified.
Tokyo District Prosecutors and Japan Fair Trade Commission officers were seen entering Dentsu headquarters, according to major local TV channels...
• This athlete from Uganda went missing from western Japan on Friday
• The officials said it were his teammates who had realized that he was absent around noon Friday after his saliva test sample was not delivered
A Ugandan athlete who failed to ...
• The UN Chief said "Seeking peace and uniting around common goals is even more important this year, as we strive to end the pandemic and build a strong, sustainable and inclusive global recovery.”
According to the statement issued by the office of s...
• The decision was made unanimously by Tokyo 2020 organisers, Japanese government officials, the Tokyo government, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) and the International Paralympic Committee
After a year of delay courtesy of the COVID-19 pandemic, one ...
- Japan govt. to receive additional Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines.
- It will receive vaccine doses for additional 20,000 workers involved in the Tokyo Olympics.
- The vaccination program for Tokyo Games workers will begin on Thursda...
- Opposition party in Japan seeks extension of diet session by 3 months.
- The country’s main opposition party plans conduct further debate on the govt.'s COVID-19 response.
- The CDPJ's head of Diet affairs Jun A...
- Japan’s digitalization minister admits to coercing app developer to cut costs.
- A smartphone app for monitoring the health of foreign visitors during the Tokyo Games.
- Hirai said the cost of developing and operating t...
- Tokyo Olympics’ GPS tracking for visitors will not be real time.
- The GPS would be used to trace and confirm their movements retroactively if a problem arises.
- Everyone entering Japan from abroad for the games will b...
- Opposition parties in Japan seek extension of parliament session.
- The opposition parties are asking more time to debate COVID-19 vaccination programs.
- They also wish to discuss whether to hold the Tokyo Olympics and Paral...
- Data breach in the organizing committee of Tokyo Olympics.
- It happened through unauthorized access to an information-sharing tool developed by Fujitsu Ltd.
- The leaked information included names, business titles, and affil...
- Japan PM’s reception for Tokyo Olympic overseas dignitaries stands cancelled.
- The reception was to be held on the day of the Tokyo Olympic closing ceremony, on Aug. 8.
- The reception at a Tokyo hotel was also expecte...
- Japan’s top COVID advisor worried about holding of Olympic Games.
- Shigeru Omi said that hosting the summer games is “not normal”.
- He asked the organizers' to scale the event down and strengthen the m...
- Japan PM pledge $800 million toward COVAX facility.
- Suga also plans to offer part of Japan's vaccine supply to the effort.
- Japan has already pledged $200 million; however it is looking to boost its contribution. ...
- Tokyo Olympics athletes vaccinated in Japan.
- About 200 athletes were vaccinated at a training center on the first day of the rollout.
- The vaccination of young athletes would not affect distribution to the general populati...
- Tokyo assembly groups vote against the cancellation of Summer Olympics.
- The Tokyo Metropolitan assembly groups include Tokyoites First, the Liberal Democratic Party, and Komeito, JCP, and CDP.
- The Tokyoites First group su...
- Tokyo to ask an extension of COVID-19 state of emergency.
- The infection rate in Tokyo has not subsided with the Olympics just two months away.
- Tokyo Gov. Yuriko Koike is hoping the state of emergency to be extended beyond...
- Japan Olympic organizers to limit no. of overseas officials.
- Around 78,000 officials and workers will be allowed at the games.
- Olympic and Paralympic athletes has remained unchanged at about 15,000.
- Japan is fa...
- Cancellation of Tokyo Olympics protest continues strong in Japan.
- The IOC and Tokyo Olympic organizers start three days of virtual meetings from Wednesday.
- Around 6,000-member Tokyo Medical Practitioners' Association ...
- BOJ to examine economy in 2-day policy meeting.
- The central bank is expected to keep its monetary policy unchanged.
- Tokyo and Osaka are under the third state of emergency currently.
- The BOJ in January predicted...
- Tokyo marked the 100 days to go Olympics and Paralympics.
- Tokyo Gov. pledged to deliver a “wonderful” Olympics.
- The Olympics will be followed by the Paralympics from Aug. 24 to Sept. 5.
- Athletes wil...