Search result for Suga
- Japan is currently facing the worst wave of Covid-19
- Suga’s support ratings drops below 30%
Prime Minister of Japan, Yoshihide Suga announced that he is not going to be a part of the ruling liberal democratic party l...
President Biden Spoke to Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga for the success of the Tokyo Olympic games on a phone call. He also extended his support for the Paralympics, which will start this month.
The Games ended on Sunday, after two weeks of competition, following the corona viru...
Paralympics are beginning on August 24, while Tokyo is still under a state of emergency as Covid-19 situation becomes worse.
On Sunday, after the Olympics end, the organizing committee, the central government, the Tokyo government, the International Paralympic Committee and the Internat...
• The Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga’s government has once again announced state of emergency in several prefectures
• This statement from Kato comes at a time when several lawmakers from the ruling Liberal Democratic Party are demanding a new stimulu...
• The Prime Minister of Japan Yoshihide Suga held a meeting with key ministers to discuss virus measures
With less than two weeks for the Tokyo Olympics and in wake pf rising cases of COVID-19 in Tokyo, the government of Japan has decided to declare a new...
• According to the Mayor of Atami, Sakae Saito, a total of 24 people were still unreachable as of Tuesday morning
The Japanese administration has ramped up efforts to find nearly 24 people who are likely to be trapped after a torrent of mud, trees and rocks aff...
• According to the political experts, these results are an indication of what lies ahead for LDP in terms of next years elections
• Despite its ally Komeito winning 23 seats, LDP is unsuccessful in achieving majority
In the recently concluded ele...
• The Prime Minister of Japan Yoshihide Suga said "The Pacific region faces new challenges, like competing with authoritarianism.”
• Japanese Deputy Chief Cabinet Secretary Manabu Sakai said nothing related to China or Taiwan was discussed...
• The ninth Pacific Islands Leaders Meeting will be attended by representatives from Japan, 14 Pacific island nations, Australia and New Zealand, along with French Polynesia and New Caledonia
• According to the Japanese Foreign Ministry, these islands carr...
According to a statement given by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, in the times of COVID-19 pandemic, the friendship and partnership between India and Japan in now more relevant for global stability and prosperity.
This statement from PM Modi followed after he v...
• Taro Kono, the minister in charge of the inoculation effort said these applications will be closed off to companies after 5 p.m. Friday
According to a statement issued by the Yoshihide Suga-government of Japan on Wednesday, it has decided to temporarily halt ...
• A report by Reuters said that the Japanese government will be lifting the state of emergencies on June 20 ahead of the Tokyo Olympics that is all set to start on July 23
As the date of sporting events Olympics is nearing, the government of Japan has decided t...
- Tokyo may be under a quasi-state of emergency during the Olympics.
- Tokyo has been under a stricter state of emergency since late April.
- The government is now however planning to lift the emergency in most of the prefectur...
- COVID-19 quasi-state of emergency to be lifted from 3 prefectures.
- Restrictions in Gunma, Ishikawa and Kumamoto prefecture are expected to be lifted by the weekend.
- The government is likely to make a similar call on five ...
- NTT President to take pay cut over dining case with govt. officials.
- The president and other executives will take a pay cut for three months.
- NTT President Jun Sawada will take a pay cut of 40 percent for three months fro...
- Opposition parties in Japan seek extension of parliament session.
- The opposition parties are asking more time to debate COVID-19 vaccination programs.
- They also wish to discuss whether to hold the Tokyo Olympics and Paral...
- Japan, S. Korea has no plan to meet separately during G-7 summit.
- Yoshihide Suga is set to meet with U.S. President Joe Biden during a G-7 summit.
- G-7 host Britain has invited Moon Jae In as a guest to the in-person summi...
- Japan PM’s reception for Tokyo Olympic overseas dignitaries stands cancelled.
- The reception was to be held on the day of the Tokyo Olympic closing ceremony, on Aug. 8.
- The reception at a Tokyo hotel was also expecte...
- Japan’s top COVID advisor worried about holding of Olympic Games.
- Shigeru Omi said that hosting the summer games is “not normal”.
- He asked the organizers' to scale the event down and strengthen the m...
- Japan PM pledge $800 million toward COVAX facility.
- Suga also plans to offer part of Japan's vaccine supply to the effort.
- Japan has already pledged $200 million; however it is looking to boost its contribution. ...