Search result for SK Telecom
Following a dispute over whether Netflix should pay for costs stemming from increased network traffic and maintenance work, South Korean internet service provider SK Broadband and Netflix have announced that they will cease all lawsuits with each other.
On Monday, SK Broadband and its p...
Naver, Kakao, LG, SK Telecom, KT, and other IT firms in South Korea are aggressively launching or planning to launch generative AI services to combat the growing influence of ChatGPT and other AI services introduced by global tech giants.
Local services can outperform those of ChatGPT p...
The three telecom companies in Korea, SK telecom, KT, and LG Uplus, have all been monopolies for more than 20 years. To change this system, the Korean government will lower the fee for giving a new operator a frequency allocation and give the new operator help, such as loans of up to 400 billion ...
- S. Korea SK Telecom to cancel 8.69 million treasury shares.
- The company plans to cancel the shares in a move to boost shareholder value.
- The cancellation reduces its total issued stocks from 80.75 million to 72.06 million...
- S. Korea saw an increase in 5G users by 14 million in April.
- SK Telecom Co. reported the most 5G subscribers at 6.74 million in April.
- 4G subscriptions declined to stand at 51.18 million in April.
- Some unsatisf...
- S. Korean stocks end high over improving jobs data.
- The KOSPI gained 13.3 points, or 0.42 percent, to finish at 3,182.38.
- Samsung Electronics stocks remained unchanged at 84,000 won.
- Hyundai Motor stocks rose 1...
- Taxi hailing T Map Mobility to issue new shares worth $357.3 million.
- The shares will then be allocated to two private equity funds (PEFs).
- T Map Mobility’s move comes as it plans to compete with Kakao Mobility.
- Several S. Korean telecom company’s estimate profit in Q1.
- SK Telecom Co., KT Corp. and LG Uplus Corp. are expected to have a profit of US$863.3 million.
- KT Corp. is expected to have logged 386.3 billion won in oper...
- Cast.era to launch next-generation broadcast solution.
- The media technology company is a joint venture between SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc.
- Cast.era is said to have reportedly completed testing of the 5G-A...
- S. Korean video streaming company Wavve to invest $882.7 billion in content.
- Wavve will enter in a JV with SK Telecom, KBS, MBC, and SBS to produce original content.
- SK Telecom will invest in the JV by issuing 100 billion...
- S. Korean telecom companies to push sustainable energy projects.
- SK Telecom Co. signed a deal with KEPCO to be supplied with 44.6-gigawatt hours of renewable energy.
- LG Uplus Corp. is also planning to double its efforts i...
- Spotify – Kakao M’s license deal expires; major k-pop artists’ songs removed.
- Major South Korean artists’ including IU and Apink songs removed.
- Spotify is said to have faced heated competition agai...
- S. Korea’s app market ONE store gains popularity.
- The app store is said to be an alternative to Google’s Play store.
- The app market is a subsidiary of wireless carrier SK Telecom Co.
- Google’s ...
- S. Korea offers free video calls during the Lunar New Year holiday.
- The ICT ministry gave the order to encourage virtual family meetings amid pandemic.
- SK Telecom Co., KT Corp., and LG Uplus Corp. agreed to not charge fo...
- S. Korean telecom companies to expand services with AI technology.
- KT Corp. will work with Hyundai Home Shopping Network Corp. to establish an AI call center.
- SK Telecom Co. has commercialized a cloud-based customer conta...
- Facebook’s Oculus Quest 2 VR device to be launched by SK Telecom Co. in S. Korea.
- The company is set to offer the device in the country on Tuesday.
- The device will support games co-developed by SK Telecom.
- S. Korean LG Uplus Corp. to stop 2G services by the end of June 2021.
- The telecom operator has submitted its application to the government.
- The country’s telecom operator SK Telecom Co. had shut down its 2G services...
- LG Uplus Corp., a chief South Korean telecom operator, has the fastest 5G download speed among South Korean mobile carriers, so revealed a report.
- The mobile carrier's average 5G download speed in Seoul hovered around 476.5 megabits per second (Mbps).
- Park Jung-ho, current CEO of South Korea’s leading mobile carrier SK Telecom, has been elevated to the chief position of chipmaker SK hynix, the group announced Thursday.
- According to SK Group’s organizational rebalancing for 2021, Park has been promoted to vice cha...
SKT’S E-COMMERCE ARM 11ST TIES-UP WITH AMAZON TO ENTAIL STELLAR CUSTOMER-CENTRIC SHOPPING EXPERIENCE
- SK Telecom (SKT) has formed a well-considered key alliance with Amazon, the world's largest e-commerce company, the company announced on Nov. 16.
- Thus, Amazon is teaming up with Korean e-commerce platform 11st to avail purchase of its goods to Korean customers, 11st operato...