Search result for PANDEMIC
- Demand for robots in Japan increases due to the pandemic.
- Robots are being substitutes for providing physical human contact.
- Japan’s Groove X Inc. has developed a humanoid ‘healing robot’ called ‘...
- JAL plans to raise around $2.9 billion in capital while also posting an operating loss.
- The airline company is expecting to post an operating loss of around 85 billion yen.
- For the July-September period, JAL estimated to...
- Hitachi announces the abolishment of ‘hanko’ seals for internal paperwork by 2022.
- It intends to do so by March 2022 and also reduce paper copies by 70 percent.
- The company also intends to slash the number of ...
- Japan Airlines Co. to report operating loss of around $810 billion.
- The operating loss will be reported from July to September period.
- On Friday, JAL is scheduled to release its first-half earnings reports.
- By fiscal year 2022 ANA Holdings Inc. plans to cut around 3,500 jobs.
- All Nippon Airways Co. will cut down new hiring for fiscal 2021 starting April.
- The company began offering early retirement with severance pay from Oct...
- Japan reports the number of babies born in 2020 to drop in record low.
- The drop is expected to be around 845,000.
- In 2019, the record was below 865,239.
- The Japanese govt. is said to release an initial estimat...
- Japan’s Shionogi & Co. was hit by a cyberattack leading to a data breach.
- The drug firm’s Taiwanese subsidiary was hit by the cyberattack last month.
- Import licenses for medical equipment and employee res...
- Narita Airport operators to reduce charges for domestic and international airlines.
- Narita International Airport will be waiving landing and parking charges.
- Small-sized aircraft for international flights will receive a $...
- Department store sales in September fell by 33.6 percent in Japan.
- In August the sales in department stores fell by 22 percent.
- In the reporting month, sales totaled about $3.1 billion at 196 outlets.
- The deman...
- Plan approved by FamilyMart Co. for Itochu Corp. to take the former’s store private.
- FamilyMart will be delisting from First Section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange on Nov. 12.
- Itochu, the top shareholder of FamilyMart ...
- Japan to use facial recognition technology at the Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics.
- The technology was originally intended for security purposes.
- The record data will hopefully prevent cluster infections.
- The me...
- September supermarket sales in Japan dropped by 4.6 percent.
- Sales at 10,851 supermarkets totaled to $9.6 billion.
- Sales in clothing fell by 23.5 percent.
- Household products were down by 13.4 percent.
- Japan’s Health Ministry report drop in the number of newborns next year; Pandemic.
- The number of pregnancies in the country fell by 11.4 percent.
- In May newborn's birth rate saw the sharpest drop of 17.1 percen...
- Condominium sale listings in Tokyo fell by 26.2 percent; April-September.
- The condominium sale for the first half of fiscal 2020 was the lowest.
- Around September, however, the number rose to 5.0 percent.
- The r...
- Japan and China to possibly resume short and long term business travel.
- The two countries are hoping to open travel on mutual understanding.
- The two countries have been negotiating to reopen borders since July.
- A temple in Tokyo held ‘memorial service’ for ‘hanko’ seals discarded by companies.
- Around 50 ‘hanko’ seals that were discarded by companies due to the digitalization move.
- Holding &ls...
- Japan’s budget airline Zipair launched passenger services on Friday.
- Zipair scheduled its first flights between Tokyo and Seoul.
- The airline company delayed its service by five months due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Clarida on Wednesday said the COVID-19 recession threw the economy into a very deep hole and it will take some time, perhaps another year, for the level of GDP to fully recover to its previous 2019 peak
• US GDP slumped at its fastest pace in the second ...
- Japan government gave rent support to almost 96,000 households amid pandemic.
- Around 109,000 people had submitted applications for rent support.
- Up to 53,700 yen per month can be provided to a single-member household...
- Tokyo stocks fell on Thursday morning.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average fell by 109.10 points.
- Topix index was down by 7.77 points.
- Stock issues declined in pharmaceuticals, precision instruments, and farms, ...