Search result for Jobless claims
• According to a report by the US Labor Department released on Thursday, jobless claims fell by 51,000 to 364,000
• The United States stands only next to India in terms of administering doses of COVID-19 vaccine
Showing that the US economy is imp...
• The worst affected economy in the globe courtesy of the COVID-19 saw jobless claims going down to 376,000 which is 9,000 lesser than last week’s 385,000
• A Labor Department report released on Tuesday said the job openings had hit a record 9.3 mill...
• According to the Labor Department, the number of jobless claims went to 385,000, falling by 20,000 as compared to the week before
• Nearly 1.8 million jobs were added by the employers in the US this year, which is an average of over 450,000 a month...
• The Labor Department on Thursday said that applications from laid-off workers jumped 13,000 from the previous week, which was revised sharply higher
• Before the first case of the virus was reported in the month of March last year in the United Sta...
• The number of US citizens filing for first-time claims for jobless benefits went up to a near three-month high in the last week
• The number of claims for state unemployment benefits went up by 137,000 to seasonally adjusted 853,000 for the last week, wh...
• According to the Labor Department’s report, the number of jobless claims surged from 748,000 the week before to 778,000
• Several economists and market analysts have stated that as COVID-19 cases are going upwards at an increased pace, the restrict...
• According to the Labor Department report, total 870,000 people have filed for jobless claims in the last week, which is more than 866,000 reported a week earlier
• The report also states that the number of workers returning back to their previous j...
- For the week ending on August 15, it came in at 1.106 million
- A total of 923,000 was expected by the economists polled by Dow Jones
The concerns have been raised about the state of the economy. For the week that ended on A...
- The total claims for the week ending on August 8 were 963,000
- As per the estimates of economists surveyed by Dow Jones, it was well below
To contain the corona virus, the United States economy went into lockdown after the ...
- Last week, initial weekly jobless claims came in at 1.434 million
- It was roughly in line with expectations
The Labor Department reported on Thursday that last week the number of Americans who filed new claims for unemploym...