Search result for Japan news
- It plans to become a smaller and more cost-efficient automaker
- It will slash its production capacity and model range
On Thursday, Nissan Motor Co unveiled a plan to become a smaller, more cost-efficient automaker. It is an...
- Exports were revised downward for the second straight month
- Employment situation was revised downward for the third straight month
On Thursday, the government released its monthly economic report for May. It described the ...
- Japan has the lowest figures for COVID – 19 among the Group of Seven major economies
- Experts suggest to remain cautious to prevent a second wave of infections
According to the government’...
- Total Cases: 16, 651
- Deaths: 858
- Recovered: 13, 973
- The government approved a ¥31.9 trillion second supplementary budget bill on Wednesday. To deploy another relief package worth over ¥100 trillion to stave off the e...
- Japan Tourism Agency dismissed the rumors of a campaign that would pay half of the visitors’ expenses
- The rumor was viewed as an attempt to revitalize the corona virus hit sector
On Wednesday, the Japan Tourism Agenc...
- Total Cases: 16, 623
- Deaths: 846
- Recovered: 13, 810
- On Tuesday, Japan wrapped up day one of life completely free of the nationwide state of emergency. It was on a hopeful, but cautious, note.
- Japan’s football league will resume in a few weeks
- The Japanese firm Yamaha developed a Remote Cheerer system
In a few weeks, Japan’s football league will finally resume. The g...
- Businesses are facing growing pressure
- The pressure is due to business suspension requests and cancellations from customers
Amid the novel coronavirus epidemic, many online initiatives have been launched to support shops ...
- Prime Minister Shinzo Abe says that reviving the economy is the top priority
- The government will decide on a second extra budget to help people and businesses reeling from the pandemic
On Monday, the Japan...
After combating with dreadful coronavirus relentlessly, the prefecture of Osaka recorded no new cases of coronavirus infections on Sunday. This was for the first time in the period of more than two months.
Along with Tokyo and other six prefectures, Osaka is still under the state of emerge...
• Prime Minister Shinzo Abe will officially announce lifting of the state of emergency in a news conference at 6 p.m. on Thursday
• At present, Japan has over 16,000 cases of coronavirus and nearly 700 people have lost their lives
Despite eased r...
• Honda Motor suffered from losses worth $270 million in the months of January to March
• Honda President Hachigo Takahiro stated that company is thinking of bringing back parts production to Japan
Automobile industry was the first industry...
• Till date, Japan has reported 15,253 cases of COVID-19 and 556 people have lost their lives
• People of Japan will continue under the state of emergency till May 31
• Traffic levels and number of working people commuting has gone down dras...
• Governor Yuriko Koike states the city needs to follow safety measures as threat of COVID-19 still remains
• At present, Tokyo has 4,568 cases of coronavirus while 141 people have lost their lives
According to the data released by the Tokyo metr...
• The number of COVID-19 cases in the country has gone past 14,000 mark, while 436 people have lost their lives
• Japan’s state of emergency is scheduled to end on May 6, which may get extended for a month
After having a word with medical e...
• The number of confirmed cases of coronavirus reported in the national capital are 4,106
• Governor of Tokyo, Yuriko Koike is in the favor of extending the state of emergency
• Around 47 new cases of COVID-19 were reported on Wednesday...
• Japan’s state of emergency is scheduled to end on May 6, which also marks end of Golden Week
• Governor Yuriko Koike says Tokyo is facing serious situation and calls for an extension of state of emergency
Governor of Tokyo, Yuriko Koike h...
• Two weeks stay-at home period will include Japan’s “Golden Week”
• Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has called for reduction in person-to-person contact by 80 percent
• Majority of shops on shopping streets will voluntarily rema...
One of the statement given by the Mayor of Osaka, Japan has sparked a controversy. Recently he had stated that in the times of coronavirus pandemic, men should go for grocery shopping because women take too long which results in overcrowding at supermarkets. Courtesy of this statement, he is faci...
• Electronics firm Sharp has plans if selling 3,000 boxes of masks daily, which is around 300,000 masks and is hoping of taking the production to 500,000 masks a day
• The number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Japan has crossed 11,000 mark