Search result for East China Sea
The Japanese government's Ministry of Foreign Affairs has requested that Google Inc. use just Japan's name when labelling a group of islets that are controlled by Tokyo but also claimed by China and Taiwan on Google Maps.
An official from the ministry stated on Friday that the m...
The East China Sea is being battered by the storm that will be the strongest on record in 2022, endangering the southern islands of Japan and the east coast of China with violent winds.
The US Joint Typhoon Warning Centre reports that Super Typhoon Hinnamnor has sustained winds of about...
- Japan, Australia began talks to strengthen security ties.
- The countries will also discuss on peace and stability of the Taiwan Strait.
- They are also expected to share concerns over Beijing's growing military presence ...
- China to strengthen its maritime safety authorities over rising tensions.
- Fear engulfs the Asian nation and other countries, including Japan.
- The new legislation will allow China to order foreign vessels to leave what it ...
- Yoshihide Suga vows to maintain ground over China’s assertiveness.
- China has been increasing its military and economic assertiveness lately over the East and South China seas.
- Japan is said to strive to enhance its ...
- Japan GSDF to conduct drills with all its units for the 1st time.
- The nationwide exercises will be the first in about 30 years.
- Japan GSDF has around 140,000 personnel.
- With the nationwide drill, the GSDF aims ...
- Japan likely to deploy F-35B fighter jet to an ASDF base.
- The deployment of the aircraft is aimed to check China’s maritime assertiveness around the area.
- However, uncertainty remains over the local community consen...
- Japan GSDF, U.S Marine Corps & French Army to hold joint drill.
- The joint drill will be held at a training ground in southwestern Japan, likely around May.
- This is said to be the first large-scale exercise that Japan ...
- China’s new coast guard rules are not aimed at a specific country.
- China’s Foreign Minister Wang Yi voiced the same.
- China claims Japanese-administered Senkaku Islands in the East China Sea are part of it...
- Japan restricts scrambling of fighter jets against Chinese military aircrafts.
- The Japanese fighter jets would only be used for those who threaten the country’s airspace.
- Japan’s ASDF is currently upgrading it...
- Japan likely to equip long-range standoff missiles in two new Aegis vessels.
- The Cabinet Office on Friday approved the building of the two new vessels.
- The vessels are expected to take around eight years to be constructe...
- Japan and U.S conduct large-scale joint military drills; media invited to view.
- The drill was launched due to growing assertiveness in the East and South China seas.
- The two countries practiced two exercises, namely &ndas...
- Japan plans to not accept China’s proposals over the Senkaku islands.
- Chinese Foreign Minister proposed to keep fishing boats away from both countries at the disputed islands.
- China also proposed to have government ...
- Japan’s Chief Cabinet Secretary meets Chinese Foreign Ministry to discuss Senkaku islands.
- Kato reiterated Japan’s concerns over Chinese coast guard ships sailing near the islands.
- Kato has asked China to take...
- Senkakau islands reportedly fall under the Japan-U.S security treaty pact.
- The defense chiefs of both countries confirmed the same.
- The chiefs referred to the application of Article 5 of the treaty.
- The U.S is ...
- Yoshihide Suga vows to continue good relationship with ASEAN members.
- Suga is said to have wrapped up his first overseas trip.
- The Japanese PM was on a four-day trip to Vietnam and Indonesia.
- Suga has agreed to...
- Japan plans to do a wildlife survey on disputed Senkaku Islands in the East China Sea.
- It plans to survey the same using satellite images.
- Japan Chief Cabinet Secretary Katsunobu Kato announced the same.
- The su...
- Japan protest against Chinese ships approaching disputed Senkaku Islands.
- Two Chinese ships approached a Japanese fishing boat.
- The China Coast Guard ships is said to have intruded Japanese territorial waters on...
- Japan coast guard and Taiwanese fishing boat involved in collision in the East China Sea.
- The two got into a minor collision off the disputed Senkaku Islands.
- The Japan coast guard was warning the boat to leave the waters...
- Motegi likely to visit Germany and France starting next week to early October.
- Motegi wishes to strengthen cooperation in promoting stability in the Indo-pacific region.
- Japan’s Foreign Minister also seeks to share...