Search result for ECONOMY
- Blacks are 30% more likely to be underemployed
- Their median hourly wage is 75 cents on the dollar
Black Americans have been disproportionately affected for long. This issue has been again surfa...
• Infosys co-founder N R Narayana Murthy said people have to get used to live with the pandemic until there is a vaccine or a cure
• The global GDP is likely contract between 5 to 10 percent said Mr. Murthy
• N R Narayana Murthy said India&r...
- Japan’s business sentiment is returning to a normal state.
- The Cabinet Office released data on the diffusion index of confidence among ‘economy watchers’.
- The data was based on a poll conducted on 2,050...
- Japan reports the first half of the 2020 account surplus to have reached its lowest level.
- Due to the pandemic, the country’s account surplus lowered by 31.4 percent.
- The Finance Ministry reported that in June the a...
- In its absence, the US could observe a steep rise in cases
- It could also in turn severely affect the economic recovery
Neel Kashkari said that in an attempt to contain the corona virus, the U.S. needs to impose an even mor...
- Trump’s move is part of several other measures directed to address the economic damage caused by the Covid-19
- It represents a midpoint between the two positions
In the US, a huge number of workers are displaced by th...
- Jobs numbers exhibit progress but point at a gradual recovery
- The White House and the Congress have not been able to agree on more rescue funding
The White House has continued to push a narrative of a sharp recovery after ...
- The rise in cases has increased dangers to the economy
- On an annualized basis, it slumped nearly 33% in the second quarter
On Wednesday, Loretta Mester called for more help from Congress. She said that the central bank sta...
- It shall return to its pre-pandemic level by the end of 2021
- A rebound in economic activity will be observed in third-quarter data
On Wednesday, Richard Clarida said that he expects the economy to continue to recover throu...
- The corona virus response, particularly in June and July, has been poor
- It is largely because of the various factors like the early return to social activity, etc.
On Wednesday, Glenn Hutchins said that ...
- Their chart reflects spending has been roughly 10% or more below its 2019 levels
- It has been for over a month after rising sharply from late-March and early April
The consumer spending data from JPMorgan provide insights o...
- Paychex releases its monthly Small Business Employment Watch with IHS Markit
- It offers insight ahead of the monthly jobs report
On Tuesday, Martin Mucci said that small business employment is falling again. It is becoming ...
- The culmination of the process could be announced around the Federal Open Market Committee’s meeting
- It includes public meetings and extensive discussions among central bank officials
The Federal Reserve will be soli...
- The U.S. economy has entered the healing phase of the coronavirus pandemic
- It arrives when businesses start to reopen after shutting down
According to Michelle Meyer, the economy faces a bumpy ride. It tries to recover fro...
• Every goods worth Rs 6,000 crore were sold during the festival of Rakhi in which China alone contributes about Rs 4,000 crore said CAIT
• The violent clashes at the Galwan Valley on June 15 led to anti-China movement across the country
- Overall assessment of Japan’s regional economies show signs of recovery.
- The finance ministry upgraded individual assessments for all 11 regions.
- In late May the government fully lifted a state of emergency over th...
- Rishi Sunak has announced that the furlough scheme would end in August 2020.
- British Thinktank says ending COVID-19 wage subsidy scheme may cost 1.2 million jobs.
National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR),...
Ever since the conflict between India and China at the Line of Actual Control (LAC) escalated, the ‘Boycott China’s movement or anti-China sentiment is spreading like wildfire in the country of India. The situation got worse after the armies of both the countries got involved in viole...
- Japan’s economy remains unchanged after the second revision; GDP fell by 2.2%.
- The economy shrank in the January-March quarter.
- Japan's GDP data for the April-June quarter will be released on Aug. 17.
- The Singaporean Government ought to extend the Jobs Support Scheme (JSS) after August yet adopt a more focused strategy to help organizations and lower-income laborers.
Under the JSS, the Government co-assets between 25 percent and 7...