Search result for ECONOMY
• Yellen said she was engaged in very constructive bilateral conversations with the Irish finance minister on the issue
• According to Yellen, she hopes for progress on the tax issue, which is being negotiated under the leadership of the Organization for C...
- Toshiba excludes 2 board members from upcoming shareholder meeting.
- Toshiba fend off activist foreign investors in the company's general shareholders' meeting.
- The total number of nominees now comes to 11 from 13....
• The worst affected economy in the globe courtesy of the COVID-19 saw jobless claims going down to 376,000 which is 9,000 lesser than last week’s 385,000
• A Labor Department report released on Tuesday said the job openings had hit a record 9.3 mill...
- Japan’s wholesale prices rose by 4.9 percent in May.
- In April, wholesale prices increased 3.8 percent.
- Wholesale prices of petroleum and coal products surged 53.5 percent from a year earlier.
- China’s exports & imports rose 28.2% between Jan-March.
- Exports jumped by 30.1 percent from a year earlier.
- The trade surplus increased by 56.2 percent year on year.
- The trade surplus last month narro...
- Japan’s current account surplus rose to $12 billion in April.
- April saw a larger rise in exports than in imports in terms of value.
- Imports jumped 11.3 percent to 6.54 trillion yen.
- Primary income, gained...
- Japan’s economy shrank in Jan-March period by 3.9 percent.
- Real gross domestic product contracted 1.0 percent from the previous quarter.
- Government spending dropped 1.1 percent.
- Capital expenditure decrea...
• As the rise is number of jobs added is almost double, the unemployment rate went down from 6.1 percent to 5.8%.
• the Thursday's Labor Department report said that number of people filing for unemployment claims went down to 385,000
• According to the Labor Department, the number of jobless claims went to 385,000, falling by 20,000 as compared to the week before
• Nearly 1.8 million jobs were added by the employers in the US this year, which is an average of over 450,000 a month...
- The economy of Australia has returned to the pre-covid-19 pandemic size
- The economy has grown 1.8 percent over the first three month of 2021 and 1.1 percent over the past 12 months
The economy of Australia is back to its ...
- South Korean stock market has surged in three straight sessions, adding 60 points which is equivalent to 1.8 percent.
- The KOSPI index settles just above the 3,220-point plateau.
- Crude oil prices increased amid optimism for a str...
- Industrial output of Japan rises 2.5 percent in April.
- The index of production at factories and mines exceeded the pre-pandemic level.
- Output in the electrical machinery, information, and communication electronics equipme...
- BOJ’s total assets in fiscal 2020 rose to $6.5 trillion.
- Japanese government bonds were purchased massively as part of the ultraloose monetary policy.
- The total assets rose 604.48 trillion yen from the previous year...
- Japan govt. downgraded economic assessment as consumption dampens.
- The extended state of emergency over the coronavirus pandemic has led to the downgrade assessment.
- Private consumption in April has shown a weak ton...
- Sumitomo warned for leaking blueprints of SDF weapon to China.
- The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry issued the warnings on April 28 to the company.
- A subcontracted firm by Sumitomo Heavy leaked blueprints of a mili...
- Japan’s exports saw largest increase by 38% in April.
- Exports of goods in April soared to 7.18 trillion yen.
- Imports rose 12.8 percent in April to 6.93 trillion yen.
- Exports to China grew 33.9 percent fro...
• Unveiling the proposal, Schumer said “American manufacturing has suffered rather dramatically from a chip shortage.”
• Along with boosting chip production, this proposal also includes $49.5 billion in emergency supplemental appropriations to ...
- Japan’s economy fell by 4.6 percent in FY 2020 over pandemic.
- GDP in the January-March period shrank an annualized real 5.1 percent from the previous quarter.
- Exports of goods and services plummeted 10.4 percent.
• Dallas Federal Reserve President Robert Kaplan has raised the prospect of a worrisome rise in US inflation expectations
• It is being said that the boost in spending that is helping fuel price hikes will subside once extra savings are gone and government...
- China’s electricity consumption expanded 13.2 percent in April.
- The country’s total power use came in at 636.1 billion kWh in April.
- Power consumption by the primary industries in April rose 16.4 percent. ...