Search result for District Court
- Japan Foreign Minister criticizes S. Korea’s court ruling over ‘comfort women’.
- Foreign Minister mentioned that the order for Japan government to pay the damages is an “abnormal” situation.
- Seungri, ex-member of BIGBANG indicted for threatening people.
- The prosecutors added the new charge to Seungri’s existing case.
- In January 2020, Seungri was charged on eight counts by the prosecutors.
- Seoul District Court begins trial for the unknown death of 16-month old Jung In.
- The South Korean prosecutors added a murder charge against the adoptive mother of the child.
- Forensic reports suggest suspicions of having a...
- Seoul café and gym owners file lawsuits against govt. over COVID-19.
- Around 230 gym owners filed a 5 million won lawsuit in Seoul Western District Court.
- South Korea has imposed Level 2.5 social distancing restrict...
- S. Korea ‘Comfort Women’ victims win first legal victory; Tokyo asked to compensate.
- Seoul Central District Court ordered Tokyo to compensate US$91,300 each to 12 ‘Comfort Women’.
- Japanese Vice For...
- Tokyo District Court prosecutors demand 18-month imprisonment for Anri Kawai.
- The lawmaker has been indicted of vote-buying for the House of Councillors election.
- Anri Kawai conspired with her husband to violate the elect...
- Kagoshima court sentenced a man to death for murdering 5 people.
- The district court ruled so because he was mentally fit enough to be responsible for his crimes.
- The defense had instead sought life imprisonment.
- Hiroshima Court ordered the state to pay $6,340 over death row of an inmate.
- The plaintiff’s lawyer had demanded the govt. to pay him and the deceased 3.3 million yen as compensation.
- The presiding judge for the cas...
- Threatening Korean residents in Japan leads ex-city worker to prison for 1 year.
- A Kawasaki city resident has been accused of sending ‘annihilate’ postcards to Korean residents.
- Yokohama District Court’s...
- Approval of safety measure by Japan Govt. over Oi nuclear plant nullified by court.
- Two reactors at Kansai Electric Power Co. claimed to be vulnerable to a major earthquake.
- The Osaka District Court ruled in favour of abo...
- Western Japan’ Tokushima court failed to process a traffic case caused by a minor.
- The Tokushima Family Court could not process the case due to the expiration of the statute of limitations.
- The prosecutor’s of...
- Japan’s suspect of the serial murder case in 2017 does not wish to appeal the death penalty.
- The suspect admitted to murdering, dismembering, and storing the bodies of nine people.
- The prosecutors will be closing ar...
- Students in suburban Tokyo molested by teachers causing PTSD to the former.
- The city of Inagi in Tokyo has been sued by an elementary school student and their parents.
- The family has sued the city for 5.5 million yen.
- House of Councillors member Anri Kawai pleads innocent over vote-buying charges.
- Kawai appeared at the Tokyo District Court on Nov. 13 for defendant questioning.
- Kawai’s attorney questioned her about the purpose of ...
- Japanese government grants woman from South Asia refugee status.
- The government issues a special permit for the woman effective from Oct.9.
- Osaka High Court had ordered to settle the matter out of court.
- The wo...
- Western Japan citizens sued Kyoto Governor over the Shinto ceremony.
- The plaintiffs claim the Governor should return $3,700.
- The suit was filed with the Kyoto District Court by 12 Kyoto residents.
- The Governor ...
- Tokyo district court to discontinue protection of apparel maker Renown Inc.
- The company will now go into liquidation as sales declined due to the pandemic.
- The company could not find a sponsor to help them with capital.<...
- Japanese lawmaker Anri Kawai granted bail by Tokyo District Court.
- The lawmaker was indicted on a charge of vote-buying during an election last year.
- Kawai was arrested in June with her husband Katsuyuki.
- Both ...
• The lawsuit was filed in the US District Court in the District of Columbia, and in it, the Justice Department accused Google of illegally maintaining its monopoly over search via multiple exclusive business contracts and agreements that lock out competition
• As per the reports, the court is likely to allow the immediate enforcement of a subpeona issued by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. or block it on temporary basis
• Even if the Supreme Court gives its decision against the U.S. President, his t...