Search result for BRITAIN
- Hitachi Ltd. confirms exit from the nuclear power plant project in Britain.
- The Tokyo based company will exit the $28 billion project deal.
- Hitachi was to construct two reactors on the island of Anglesey in northern Wales...
- Hitachi Ltd. to withdraw its plan of building a new nuclear power plant in Britain.
- The Tokyo based company determined that resuming work would be impossible.
- The official decision will be made at a board meeting on Sept...
- Post-BREXIT free trade deal between Japan and Britain to be signed in October.
- The trade deal is aimed to come into force starting 2021.
- The bilateral trade deal will increase London’s deal with Japan by around $2 t...
- Japan and Britain created a historic moment with a post-BREXIT free trade deal.
- The two sides plan to speed up work for signing the deal and ratifying it.
- The EU will phase out 10% tariffs on Japanese auto imports by 202...
- Japan and Britain to conclude post-BREXIT trade pact soon; British cheese key issue.
- The Japan-EU free trade agreement will be implemented from Jan 1, 2021.
- Britain was asking for preferential treatment for its cheese as...
- Wheat harvesting is limited in Europe due to bad harvest in Britain and France.
- In Germany and Poland, the condition of wheat harvest is better.
Wheat harvesting is ending in Germany and Poland which are the major producer...
- Japan and Britain agree to lift auto tariffs in 2020 and not earlier than that.
- Japan’s Foreign Minister Toshimitsu Motegi is in London to discuss trade agreements.
- Britain wants to secure a good deal on agricultur...
- Britain and Japan discussed extensively on various international issues.
- Both countries stand together on the Hong Kong issue.
- Defense and security co-operation was also discussed.
- The two countries are aiming ...
- Toshimitsu Motegi to visit Britain later this week for trade deal discussions.
- He would be the first member of the cabinet to travel overseas since the start of the pandemic.
- Both countries want to build a new bilateral ...
- Japanese Foreign Minister may visit Britain to negotiate a trade deal.
- Motegi is expected to meet Liz Truss in person as early as next month.
- Britain had removed the self-quarantine rule for Japanese travellers earlier t...
- Michael Gove mentions investing $888 million in Britain’s border infrastructure.
- $592 million will be spent to build port and inland infrastructure.
- The border between Northern Ireland will require specific guidanc...
- Britain has turned down the plan to purchase COVID-19 vaccines with the EU.
- The country had assessed the advantages of the European bloc’s bargaining power.
- Britain predicted that the scheme will not allow the coun...
- Rishi Sunak adds $27 billion to help Britain’s unemployment crisis.
- Employers will be paid $1,256 under a new bonus plan.
- Around more than 9 million jobs are covered in the new scheme.
- The country’s...
- Construction companies in the UK report an increase in their activities.
- Companies reported growth in construction services for the month of June.
- Only 7 % of the British economic output accounts for construction se...
- Pubs have reopened in England starting this weekend.
- British Health Minister Matt Hancock encouraged the responsible behaviour of the citizens.
- Britain has eased its lockdown guidelines for restaurants and pubs.
- Coronavirus self-quarantine rule to end for people arriving in England from over 50 countries.
- The list however does not include the United States.
- Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland have not announced plans to lift th...
- On July 1, 2020, China’s new security law which will give broad powers to Beijing to crack down any political dissent, came into action in Hong Kong.
- The law criminalizes secession, subversion, organization, and perpetration of terro...
- China has passed the controversial Hong Kong security law which will provide China new powers over Hong Kong.
- China announced that it will criminalize any act of secession, subversion, terrorism, or collusion with foreign forces.
- After lockdown has been eased in Britain, consumer sentiment started to regain its index.
- The improvement in June was the sharpest in nearly 4 years.
- The consumer confidence index was reported by GfK.
- This surv...
- Japan and UK are planning free trade agreement.
- Hiroshi Kajiyama and Liz Truss are holding negotiations.
The lockdowns due to coronavirus have caused damage to economies worldwide. Both Japan and United Kingdom (UK) aim to...