Search result for Environment
- Japan to review progress of its goal towards reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
- PM of Japan has earlier vowed to become a carbon-neutral country by 2050.
- Japan will support global decarbonization by providing around $11....
- NEA Singapore has concluded to hand over around 75,000 landed homes in Singapore toolbox to forestall mosquito reproducing as another mission "to arrest the possibility" of a subsequent year-end dengue rise
Singapore saw on...
- Japan’s Environment Ministry begins its annual ‘Warm-Biz’ energy-saving campaign.
- The campaign is said to have been running through March.
- Under the campaign, people are encouraged to take environmentall...
- Factories and offices in Japan to mandatorily recycle their plastic materials from 2022.
- In 2018 around 8.91 million tons of plastic were generated in Japan.
- An expert panel from the Japanese government endorsed the propo...
- Suzuki plans to launch a device for outboard engines to collect microplastics.
- This will be the world’s first device of a kind to clean marine plastic pollution.
- Suzuki has developed a device that filters microplast...
- Shinjiro Koizumi vows to help Mauritius for the damage caused by oil spill.
- He vowed to restore the nature of Mauritius and investigate the damage so caused.
- Japan has sent three relief disaster teams to help to Mauritiu...
- Japan asked to pay $34 million by Mauritius as support for the local fishermen
- The oil leak by the Japanese vessel has affected the local fishermen’s livelihood adversely.
- Around $30,262.79 will be required to cons...
- Japanese animation film ‘Oasis’ won am awards in the Short Shorts Film Festival and Asia.
- The short film received the Japanese environment minister’s award at the festival.
- The film featured the story o...
- France's Environment Minister Barbara Pompili wants to pause the development of warehouses used by online businesses such as Amazon.
- This move can be a setback for the e-commerce giants.
France's newly-appointed En...
- Japan’s Environment Ministry to halt funds for coal-fired plant technology.
- Ministry plans to review funds for the nation’s basic energy plan.
- Japan’s infrastructure export strategy outline was approved ...
• CRPF will be planting 22 lakh saplings on the occasion of World Environment Day
• 195th battalion of the CRPF posted in Chhatisgarh has been successfully doing rainwater harvesting for the people affected by Naxal violence
June 5, World Environ...
- All the states and the union territories have been asked to strictly implement relevant rules governing pollution
- COVID-19 lockdown has brought a significant reduction in vehicular activity, industrial activity, etc. due to which air and wa...
- The launch was announced on the occasion of Emirati Children’s Day which is observed every year on 15th March
- It is to promote the engagement of the young generation in environmental sustainability
- Free public transport is being introduced by Luxemburg
- In England and Wales, one-quarter of car journeys are less than 3 km
With rising concerns over air pollution...
- Climatic debates will steam up
- Excessive use of plastic will be treated as a grave concern
The year 2020 is likely to observe following environment trends
The debate around climate will steam up further. It will ...
- Environmentalists are pleased by host of green measures
- Environmentalists are infuriated by freezing fuel duty etc.
The 2020 UK budget was presented by Chancellor Rishi Sunak. It has garnered mixed reactions by the ...
- Products will be designed and manufactured to last
- It will be easier to fix them
The Right to Repair is a movement. In several UK cities, it has spawned. These rules will limit such consumerism practices. Products are boug...
- It is the biggest drop in almost 30 years
- It has because the countries began to turn their backs on coal-fired power plants
Last Year, the carbon emissions from the global electricity system fell by 2%. It is the biggest d...
- It has reduced the demand for coal and oil
- Carbon emissions came down significantly
The coronavirus outbreak in China has adversely affected the economy of China and cost several human lives. However, in terms...
As an environmentally aware country, Scotland wants to achieve zero emission by 2030. The Scots are serious about the changes they want to see. The SME sector in Scotland is also going to great lengths to ensure their contribution to the cause. As an industry, the SME domain also see benefits in ...