Search result for epidemic
- The first few days of August are a rousing summer vacation season in South Korea.
- Highways to popular hallmarks are clogged, every inch of beach space is covered by milling people and life takes a breather in normally hectic Seoul.
But this year, a dou...
- Sales of mobile games in South Korea soared to an all-time record in the first half of the year in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
- That has restricted more people to their homes, industry data showed Monday.
The overall sales of three app markets...
- The novel coronavirus outbreak has given a big thrust to domestic travel here amid forsaken air travel.
- But for some holiday-goers, hitting on attractive tourist spots while using lodging facilities could still be the last thing they want to embark on.
- Amidst sky-rocketing residential housing prices, a most topical price ceiling system for privately built apartments will be reintroduced on Wednesday.
- The presale price ceiling system will be introduced on a total of 322 areas in 18 districts in Seoul and three cities in Gyeong...
- The COVID-19 virus strain has given Chinese filmmakers yet another sign to enhance mergers between filmmakers and distribution platforms.
- Digital technologies will be critical in pushing industry development ahead as opined by Alibaba Pictures President Jerry Li.
- Baseball Fans yesterday in South Korea were in for a treat when they were allowed into stadiums to watch their favorite match in progress.
- The seating capacity was essentially very limited to 10% of full strength.
This was to practice social distancing rules i...
- Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates had a word with President Moon of Korea and in his conversation.
- He lauded President Moon for the efforts taken in the direction for developing a vaccine to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
He was unduly impressed with the response o...
- South Korea witnessed a sharp decline in the number of COVID cases originating in their country as against the three digit spike observed a week back.
- This takes the confirmed cases tally to 14,175 with the last week’s number equaling 25 as declared by the Korea Centers f...
- Masked models graced the ramp in Seoul donning elaborate masks as the authorities tried to get a grip on the pandemic.
- The authorities are struggling to find a solution to the rising coronavirus cases that is finding many of the Koreans stepping out into the open.
11th Outbreak of Ebola resurfaces in the Democratic Republic of Congo
Ebola is the second-largest spread disease
WHO and AFRICA to work together bringing in the containment of this disease
- The coronavirus is killing and infecting L.A. County’s lower income slab residents and families of color at high rates.
- The county’s public health director Dr. Barbara Ferrer said on Wednesday.
Rates of confirmed COVID-19 deaths and cases in L.A. C...
- Lather Studio, hair cutting salon in Corona has reopened its doors after being closed down for nearly six weeks.
- The hair salon is defying state and Riverside County Public Health stay-at-home orders due to the COVID-19 crisis.
Their line of thinking i...
- Britain all face-to-face with a heatwave that risks pushing all the Englanders back indoors.
- With this the Brits are again back to square 1. They have been flouting norms of social distancing enforced during lockdown.
Britain’s fun-loving and splendid lo...
- The Osaka Prefectural Government held six pinball parlors guilty of non-adherence to Governments directives to shut parlor doors.
- The Osaka prefectural government on Friday disclosed the names of six pachinko pinball parlors that have not heeded to its request to shut down in t...
- Japan's health ministry ramped up its support measures Friday for prefectures to consolidate accommodations
- Patients were with asymptomatic or mild cases of the novel coronavirus amid a growing number of confirmed infections nationwide
The move, whic...
- Covid-19 has brought India to a standstill.
- But for Anita Gupta, it has kicked off frenzy in a hectic race against time.
For the bureaucrat — the associate head of innovation and entrepreneurship, Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of...
- Information can’t get any scarier than this. COVID-19 has got such explosive and scary material onto our porch, that our children could easily get easily flustered by the information.
- How to discuss the nerve-wracking problem of COVID-19 with your children is the crux.
- The Pacific Princess Cruise Liner finally docked at the port of Los Angeles on the last leg of its journey.
- The Princess Cruise liner had been on high seas since January 5 and was one of the last three ships still in the waterways with passengers aboard.
- Shanghai did a volte face with its tech-driven manufacturing services not buckling down under the severe consequences of coronavirus that had most of the economy reeling under its impact.
- The high-end manufacturing units helped counter the stagnancy in economy wrought by corona...
- As coronavirus goes from strength to strength, one comes across many rumors from local grapevines doing the rounds.
- Some may rise to the occasion while others just fall flat on its face.
The novel coronavirus now known as SARS-COV-2 has spread into every conti...