Search result for Japan
- Onosho losses to Chiyotairyu on day 6 of Autumn Grand Sumo Tournament.
- Maegashira Onosho is currently tied for the lead at 5-1 with five other wrestlers.
- Hakuho and Kakuryu both are out of the tournament due to injury.
- Criminal suit filed against student in Central Japan for selling fake stimulant drugs.
- The university student is under suspicion for posting ads on social media about selling drugs.
- He is said to have been selling drugs ...
- Woman in Tokyo’s Katsushika ward groped by the same man again.
- The victim had complained of the same issue on Sept.16.
- The Metropolitan Police Department is trying to track down the man.
- The National Pol...
- Reservations for trips to and from Tokyo have begun under ‘Go To Travel’ plan.
- Japan’s travel agencies and hotels on Friday began accepting reservations.
- The travel subsidy plan currently offers a 35 per...
- Due to the pandemic Japan reported an estimate of 8,700 foreign travellers in August.
- The country reported a decline of 99.7 percent in the number of visitors.
- Visitors from China totaled to 1,600 in August.
- Tokyo stocks remain flat on Friday morning.
- Buybacks are on halt as the yen rises.
- 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average rose by 6.63 points.
- Topix index was up by 3.61 points.
With the rise in yen, ...
- Consumer price index in August falls in Japan by 0.4 percent.
- The government’s domestic travel subsidy program leading to lower accommodation fees.
- The core consumer price index was flat on the year in July. ...
- SoftBank Hawks win over Nippon Ham Fighters in Thursday’s Pacific League match.
- Nippon Ham Fighters’ outfielder Akira Nakamura secures his 1,000th career hit.
- The match between the two teams remained scoreles...
- Onosho takes lead at the Autumn Grand Sumo Tournament 2020.
- Onosho wrestled against rookie Tobizaru, who fell to his first loss.
- No. 1 Terunofuji (3-2) beat Daieisho (1-4).
- Takakeisho remains unbeaten in 10 to...
- JAXA’s space probe Hayabusa2 completes its last ion engine-powered maneuvers.
- Hayabusa2 is scheduled to be drop off materials collected from asteroid Ryugu.
- The space probe is reported to have entered into the fina...
- Opposition parties demand for a parliamentary debate from new Japan premier.
- The opposition wants to discuss the country’s degrading economy and novel coronavirus.
- Japanese Communist Party Kazuo Shii criticized Sug...
- Yoshihide Suga joins work as Japan’s new Prime Minister on Thursday.
- Suga on Wednesday launched the new leadership positions in the Cabinet.
- He is said to appoint senior vice ministers and parliamentary vice minist...
- Chairman of Japan Business Federation hopeful for economic reforms under Suga’s leadership.
- Several business leaders mentioned keeping their belief in the new Cabinet.
- PM Yoshihide Suga has pledged to continue &lsq...
- Sony’s PlayStation 5 video game console to launch in Nov.12, costs $500.
- The new consoles promise faster load times, better graphics, and new games.
- The new Sony PS5 is said to come in two different models. ...
- Tokyo stocks fell on Thursday as U.S Federal Reserve indicated interest rates to stay low.
- 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended down by 156.16 points.
- Topix index finished at 5.95 points.
- Stock issues declined ...
- Bank of Japan maintained its ultraloose monetary policy in its two-day meeting.
- The central bank however gave a slightly better assessment of the economy.
- The central bank maintained short-term interest rates at minus 0.1...
- Seibu Lions wins against Lotte Marines on Wednesday’s Pacific League match.
- Rookie Shota Hamaya’s run over six innings and Takumi Kuriyama’s two runs led to Seibu Lions win.
- Seibu Lions won by 3-1 over ...
- Nara Medical University finds tannins from persimmon effective in weakening coronavirus.
- The results have been found by a research group from the University.
- Clinical trials with tannins will be done to check its effecti...
- Yoshihide Suga’s wife Mariko Suga gave her first public speech in Yokohama.
- The new first lady thanked the people of Yokohama for the support towards Suga.
- Speculations suggest that Mariko may shrink back from dipl...
- Bank of Japan began policy meeting to discuss country’s current monetary measures.
- BOJ is likely to maintain its ultraeasy monetary policy.
- BOJ expects the country’s economy to shrink by 4.7 percent more. ...