Search result for JAPAN GOVERNMENT
- Japan’s state-run centers to give COVID-19 vaccines under ages 18 - 64.
- The centers in Tokyo and Osaka were set up last month by the Defense Ministry.
- The ministry last week expanded the scope to accept people from ...
- Tokyo may be under a quasi-state of emergency during the Olympics.
- Tokyo has been under a stricter state of emergency since late April.
- The government is now however planning to lift the emergency in most of the prefectur...
- JAL began COVID-19 vaccination for its employees.
- The airlines decided to begin administering shots at Tokyo's Haneda airport.
- JAL aims to inoculate about 36,000 group employees.
- JR East, Itochu Corp., univ...
- ANA began COVID-19 vaccination for its employees.
- They became the first Japanese firm known to start offering workplace vaccinations.
- ANA will focus on vaccinating about 10,000 employees.
- ANA has so far vaccina...
- Opposition party in Japan seeks extension of diet session by 3 months.
- The country’s main opposition party plans conduct further debate on the govt.'s COVID-19 response.
- The CDPJ's head of Diet affairs Jun A...
- Japan to study effect of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine on its citizens.
- The study is targeted for around 1,500 people separated into two groups.
- The government also plans to conduct similar studies on Moderna Inc. and A...
- Japan likely to introduce a new long-range missile.
- The missile will be made available to be fired from vessels and fighter jets.
- Japan intends to enhance its standoff defense capabilities.
- Missiles for ships w...
- Japan health ministry panel approves Pfizer vaccine for 12-15 year olds.
- The panel also gave the green light to extending the vaccine's maximum storage period.
- Pfizer has been working with the Pharmaceuticals and Medi...
- BOJ’s total assets in fiscal 2020 rose to $6.5 trillion.
- Japanese government bonds were purchased massively as part of the ultraloose monetary policy.
- The total assets rose 604.48 trillion yen from the previous year...
- Tokyo to ask an extension of COVID-19 state of emergency.
- The infection rate in Tokyo has not subsided with the Olympics just two months away.
- Tokyo Gov. Yuriko Koike is hoping the state of emergency to be extended beyond...
- Japan govt. downgraded economic assessment as consumption dampens.
- The extended state of emergency over the coronavirus pandemic has led to the downgrade assessment.
- Private consumption in April has shown a weak ton...
- Tokyo stocks end high on Japan’s approval of vaccines.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended up 219.58 points, or 0.78 percent.
- The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE finished 8.77 points,...
- Sumitomo warned for leaking blueprints of SDF weapon to China.
- The Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry issued the warnings on April 28 to the company.
- A subcontracted firm by Sumitomo Heavy leaked blueprints of a mili...
- Tokyo stocks open high on overnight gains on Wall Street.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average rose 124.69 points, or 0.44 percent.
- The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE was up 4.59 points, or 0.24 ...
- Japan’s exports saw largest increase by 38% in April.
- Exports of goods in April soared to 7.18 trillion yen.
- Imports rose 12.8 percent in April to 6.93 trillion yen.
- Exports to China grew 33.9 percent fro...
- Cancellation of Tokyo Olympics protest continues strong in Japan.
- The IOC and Tokyo Olympic organizers start three days of virtual meetings from Wednesday.
- Around 6,000-member Tokyo Medical Practitioners' Association ...
- Japan to drop revision of immigration law over parliamentary opposition.
- Opposition parties ask govt. to look into the death of a Sri Lankan woman detained in an immigration facility.
- The woman had died after complaining ...
- Japan govt. plans to develop intercontinental passenger spaceships.
- Japan govt. and private companies aims to ready the spaceships by early 2040s.
- The cost of the JAXA's next-generation H3 rocket will be halved from a...
- Tokyo stocks end low on concerns of U.S inflation on Thursday.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average ended down 699.50 points.
- The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE finished 28.91 points.
- Japan planning to inoculate children between 12 & 15 against COVID-19.
- Japan has so far authorized vaccine developed by Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE.
- The details of the plan if the children can receive free shots with ...