Search result for JAPAN ECONOMY
- Japan’s consumer spending is expected to fall by $19.3 billion.
- The loss would correspond to 0.40 percent of Japan's annual GDP in nominal terms.
- Japan's government has imposed a state of emergency in 11 pre...
- BOJ Governor suggests country’s economy severe and recovery be moderate.
- Later in the day, BOJ is scheduled to release its quarterly Sakura report on regional economies.
- BOJ Governor Kuroda said the consumer price i...
- BOJ to assess its ultraloose monetary policy framework.
- The BOJ plans on studying the side effects of its monetary policy in March.
- The central bank has maintained short-term interest rates at minus 0.1 percent.
- BOJ survey shows business sentiment improves for the 2nd quarter in December.
- The survey however is pessimistic due to rising COVID-19 cases in the country and otherwise.
- The index for large nonmanufacturers rose to minus...
- Additional $3.7 billion in reserve funds to be used in Japan to fight the pandemic.
- The Cabinet Office on Friday decided to use the funds to extend the travel subsidy program.
- The emergency spending includes 311.93 billio...
- Japan Cabinet Office survey showed business confidence worsened in seven months.
- The diffusion index of sentiment among economy watchers came to 45.6 points.
- The points were down from 8.9 points from October.
- Japan has compiled an additional economic package worth $707 billion.
- The amount would be used to ease the economic impact of the pandemic.
- The package will include extensions of subsidy programs such as ‘Go To Trav...
- Japan showed an upgrade in its economy in July-September period by 22.9%.
- The country’s GDP was upgraded from the preliminary figure of 21.4%.
- The total value of goods and services after adjustment rose for the firs...
- Japan economy recovers in July-September quarter; growth rate of 21.4%.
- Cabinet Office however mentioned that the economy has still not recovered entirely.
- July-September share prices were higher in Tokyo.
- Japan Govt. survey showed economy trend is steadily rebounding.
- Business sentiment among workers with jobs sensitive to economic trends rebounded.
- The diffusion index of confidence rose 5.2 points from September. <...
- Suga instructs cabinet ministers to compile 3rd supplementary budget for fiscal 2020.
- The economic stimulus package is to support the country’s economy.
- The extra budget will likely fund the government's “...
- BOJ Gov. expressed concern about rising COVID-19 cases in Europe and U.S.A.
- The bank has said that it will remain vigilant against risks to the global economy.
- The world’s third-largest economy is expected to shrink...
- Japan Govt. reports rise in industrial output for September by 4.0%.
- The seasonally adjusted index of production at factories and mines stood at 91.6.
- The ministry expects an increase in output by 4.5% in October and 1.2%...
- BOJ in policy meeting cuts its economic growth and inflation projections.
- The central bank kept its ultra-easy monetary policy intact.
- BOJ kept the short-term interest rates at minus 0.1 percent.
- The BOJ a...
- Decision to release Fukushima Nuclear Plant’s treated water currently put off.
- The earlier decision to do so triggered strong opposition from fishermen.
- Japan’s Economy, Trade and Industry Minister mentioned ...
- Japan reports steady rise in private-sector machinery orders in August.
- In August private-sector machinery orders increased by 0.2 percent from the previous month.
- Cabinet Office mentioned orders totaled to $7.1 billion....
- Japan's general account budget request for fiscal 2021 topped $950 billion.
- The Ministry of Health, Labor, and Welfare asked for a record of 32.99 trillion yen.
- The Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport, and To...
- Bank of Japan maintained its ultraloose monetary policy in its two-day meeting.
- The central bank however gave a slightly better assessment of the economy.
- The central bank maintained short-term interest rates at minus 0.1...
- Japan’s revised GDP for April-June period shrank by 28.1 percent in fiscal 2020.
- Capital expenditure dropped by 4.7 percent from the previous quarter.
- The exports of goods and services dropped by 18.5 percent. ...
- Japan, Australia, and India to cooperate to enhance regional supply chains.
- The countries plan to draw up various measures for the same by the end of the year.
- The Economy ministers from all the countries discussed to enh...