Search result for JAPAN CORONAVIRUS
- Tokyo may be under a quasi-state of emergency during the Olympics.
- Tokyo has been under a stricter state of emergency since late April.
- The government is now however planning to lift the emergency in most of the prefectur...
- Japan’s wholesale prices rose by 4.9 percent in May.
- In April, wholesale prices increased 3.8 percent.
- Wholesale prices of petroleum and coal products surged 53.5 percent from a year earlier.
- COVID-19 quasi-state of emergency to be lifted from 3 prefectures.
- Restrictions in Gunma, Ishikawa and Kumamoto prefecture are expected to be lifted by the weekend.
- The government is likely to make a similar call on five ...
- Japan’s economy shrank in Jan-March period by 3.9 percent.
- Real gross domestic product contracted 1.0 percent from the previous quarter.
- Government spending dropped 1.1 percent.
- Capital expenditure decrea...
- Japan govt. downgraded economic assessment as consumption dampens.
- The extended state of emergency over the coronavirus pandemic has led to the downgrade assessment.
- Private consumption in April has shown a weak ton...
- Japan imposes stricter steps on arrivals from Bangladesh, Maldives, Sri Lanka.
- The countries have seen surging infections due to the new coronavirus variant.
- Japanese nationals arriving from these countries will be requir...
- Japan’s economy fell by 4.6 percent in FY 2020 over pandemic.
- GDP in the January-March period shrank an annualized real 5.1 percent from the previous quarter.
- Exports of goods and services plummeted 10.4 percent.
- Tokyo stocks open low on Monday trading; Nikkei falls.
- The 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average dropped 330.64 points, or 1.18 percent.
- The broader Topix index of all First Section issues on the TSE was down 6.80 points, or 0.3...
- Japan planning to inoculate children between 12 & 15 against COVID-19.
- Japan has so far authorized vaccine developed by Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech SE.
- The details of the plan if the children can receive free shots with ...
- Japan govt. outstanding long-term debt to reach $9.12 trillion.
- The debt is said to be the worst among developed countries.
- The Japan parliament passed the budget for fiscal 2021, with a record 106.61 trillion yen. ...
- Japan’s Dentsu Group reports net loss of $1.5 billion in fiscal 2020.
- Due to the coronavirus pandemic, its advertising business slumped.
- In 2020, sales fell 10.4 percent to 939.24 billion yen.
- The company...
- Japan PM announces to spend $11 billion for coronavirus subsidies.
- The central govt. will disburse the money from reserve funds for fiscal 2020.
- Around 880.2 billion yen will be given to local municipalities to aid restau...
- Japan's economic key index fell by 1.2 points in December 2020.
- The leading index of economic conditions declined 1.2 points to 94.9 in December.
- The economy reportedly had the largest fall in seven months in Dec...
- Japan Health Ministry reports less than 1% of people had COVID-19 antibodies.
- The govt. conducted tests of about 15,000 individuals at the end of 2020.
- Five prefectures participated in the antibodies test.
- In T...
- Japan reports a surge in shipments of laptops in 2020 amid pandemic.
- And industry body reported that Japan recorded a 25.1 percent surge in laptop shipments.
- Shipments of desktop computers however dropped 41.5 percent to ...
- Japan Govt. reports a plunge in foreign visitors by 97.7% in November.
- The estimated number declined to 56,700 from a year earlier for the 14th straight month.
- Japan reportedly received over 4.05 million...
- Japan government's defense budget to be around $51.5 billion for fiscal 2021.
- The general account budget is said to top 100 trillion yen for the 3rd year straight.
- The Cabinet Office is expected to approve the draft b...
- Japan’s Sapporo Snow Festival stands canceled amid rising COVID-19 cases.
- This will be the first time that the country’s biggest winter festival is canceled.
- The event normally sees around 2 million domestic a...
- Japan Cabinet to issue more new bonds worth $1.08 trillion to manage the economy.
- Japan’s tax revenue is expected to fall more than 8 trillion yen short in fiscal 2020.
- The third supplementary budget for the current...
- Japan’s budget for FY2021 to be more than $986 billion due to pandemic.
- Some 5 trillion yen has already been set aside for funds in addition to the above amount.
- The current FY2020 budget has been 102.66 trillion ye...