Search result for GDP
According to a new study published by the US National Academies, the chemical sector in the US generated $5.2 trillion (£4.3 trillion), or over a quarter of the nation's GDP, and employed 4.1 million people in the nation in 2020. A committee led by chemist and president of George Washin...
UAE economy is expected to have its greatest expansion in 11 years with an 8.2% first-quarter growth
The central bank anticipates GDP growth of 5.4% this year and 4.24% in 2023.
Due to increasing oil prices and efforts to lessen the effects of the Covid-19 outbreak, the UAE economy expanded by 8.2% in the first three months of this year, marking the country's greatest quarterly gro...
Four years after it went into effect, the groundbreaking data privacy law (GDPR) is still plagued by delays and dysfunction, activists said Tuesday. The European Union must fix this.
The GDPR puts stringent regulations on how businesses can use and store customer information, and it com...
Singapore's Ministry of Trade and Industry recently declared that the country's GDP increased by 3.4 per cent year on year in the first quarter of 2022, down from 6.1 per cent in the previous quarter, according to Xinhua news agency.
Singapore's manufacturing sector grew by ...
Despite rising inflation, the UAE's economy is on track for 4.2 percent GDP growth, according to the Central Bank
According to the UAE Central Bank's latest quarterly economic assessment, the UAE is on pace to reach the 4.2 percent growth predicted for 2022, even as inflationary pressures rise. It expects real GDP to grow by 2.3 percent in 2021, up from 2.1 percent previously predicted.
Dubai has announced that 181 billion dirhams have been set aside as the budget of the next three years to improve the Emirati’s quality of life and to ensure that it continues to attract foreign talent.
The budget is focused on recovering from the Covid-19 and enhancing developmen...
- Japan’s economy fell by 4.6 percent in FY 2020 over pandemic.
- GDP in the January-March period shrank an annualized real 5.1 percent from the previous quarter.
- Exports of goods and services plummeted 10.4 percent.
- The United Nations (UN) has surged India’s growth forecast to 7.5 percent in 2021, however, they also predicted that India’s outlook for the year will remain fragile.
- The forecast has grown by 0.2 percent from its project...
- The credit rating company, Moody has revised India’s forecast for economic growth in the current financial year to 9.3 percent from an earlier projection of 13.7 percent.
- Moody has joined several analysts who have revised their GDP f...
- Coronavirus pandemic increases Japan govt.’s debt to $940 billion in 2020.
- As of March 31, the outstanding balance meaning the debt per capita stood at 9.70 million yen.
- The nation's debt reportedly consisted of...
- Japan expects its economy to fall by 4.8% in Jan-March period.
- The Japanese Cabinet Office will release preliminary GDP data for this year's Q1 on May 18.
- The economic outlook for coming quarters remains unclear due t...
- China’s manufacturing PMI fell to lowest level in March 2021.
- Caixin/Markit reported the country’s manufacturing PMI to have dropped to 50.6 in March.
- Producer price inflation in February picked up to its high...
- S. Korean economy is estimated to rank 10th in the world in 2020.
- OECD said the nominal GDP of the country was estimated at around $1.62 trillion in 2020.
- S. Korea’s nominal GDP is said to be slightly higher than th...
- The GDP of United Kingdom has been decreased by 2.9 percent amid the corona virus lockdown
- The decrease in the GDP has been caused by the declines in the education and retail trade for slowing down the spread of the corona virus
- Japan’s economy grew 11.7 percent in Oct-Dec 2020.
- The country’s real GDP expanded by a double-digit percentage for the 2nd quarter.
- Private consumption remained unchanged from rises of 2.2 percent.
• According to the forecast made by Dallas Federal Reserve President Robert Kaplan, the United States GDP (Gross Domestic Product) is all set to grow 5 percent and this could be an underestimate
• Kaplan told the Garland Chamber of Commerce later on Monday...
• The report released on Thursday stated that after rising strongly in the first two quarters, the productivity fell at a rate of 4.8 percent in the last quarter
• The labor costs has gone up by 6.8 percent rate in the quarter ended in December after it we...
• According to a preliminary estimate released by the Commerce Department on Thursday, the American gross domestic product expanded at a 4 percent annualized rate in the fourth quarter
• The output of goods and services slumping in the last quarter as comp...
- S. Korea reports its GDP to have shrunk 1 percent in 2020.
- The country’s economy is said to have been the worst in 2020.
- The BOK last year had forecasted a 1.3 percent contraction in the economy.
- The coun...
- Japan’s consumer spending is expected to fall by $19.3 billion.
- The loss would correspond to 0.40 percent of Japan's annual GDP in nominal terms.
- Japan's government has imposed a state of emergency in 11 pre...