Search result for China
Michael Pompeo responded that the USA should hold all the particular benefits Hong Kong enjoys. He said on Fox News on ”Sunday Morning Futures” claiming that China has backed out from its signed pact of keeping the status of Hong Kong intact of an autonomous region. China has ruled ou...
- Wuhan has tested 11 million people for the coronavirus and found 200 asymptomatic cases in just two weeks.
- Among the 60,000 people who were tested on Sunday, no new cases of asymptomatic cases have been reported.
- The infec...
- China is using the strategy of fear and pressure to gain support for its increasingly hard-line stance in the Asian financial capital.
- The financial workers of Hong Kong lodged complaints with the Hong Kong financial regulators that two Ch...
China builds pressure on business in Hong Kong to recede from the protest over China’s extradition stand.
A few days back, Leung Chun-Ying, leader posted on Facebook to boycott HSBC Bank as it did not back the law enforced on security. He further added that the Banks in China and ...
The Indo-China border issue is making all sorts of news, right from the U.S. President Donald Trump offering to mediate till China blatantly refusing the offer. In the latest news which makes this ongoing conflict more personal from the Indian point of view. Sonam Wangchuk, an engineer by qualifi...
- Trump was not happy with the way WHO handled the initial Covid19 situation
- He believes that WHO covered China and is dominated by it
- Trump pointed out that WHO received $450 million per year from the US, vis a via $40 million from China
- With Hong Kong no longer autonomous, the US looking at punishing China
- The special status that Hong Kong enjoyed with the US will no longer hold
- Hong Kong goods might have to pay the same tariffs as the Chinese
The US-China rel...
- Tiktok has appointed a new CEO, Kevin Mayer, who initially worked in Disney, is a plan to shift its center of power away from China.
- ByteDance, the parent company of TikTok, has made decisions in the past few months to transfer the global ...
- The United States has also put another major roadblock against Huawei in the present month.
- The Commerce Department issued new export rules which restricted Huawei’s access to semiconductor chips which were required to build ce...
- Alibaba Group Holdings Ltd. has become one of the biggest corporate winners at the time of coronavirus pandemic.
- Alibaba has gained the opportunity to expand its business and make a mark in the country’s socio-economic engine. ...
- The Electric Vehicle (EV) maker Nio Inc. may list its new Nio China entity as the company has experienced a rebound amid coronavirus pandemic.
- Nio has secured 7 billion yuan which is equivalent to a $989 million investment in Nio China.
- With Trump announcing his press conference in China on Friday, investors panic plummeting the market downwards
- The general mood of the market was green throughout until Trump’s announcement
The US-China feud was heightened ag...
The countries of India and China are at loggerheads over the tensions at sino-India border that has been escalating past few weeks. There are multiple reasons behind the escalation of the border tensions, right from India’s stance over Taiwan’s status at World Health Assembly (WHA) to...
- Chinese scientists are using high-technology tools to bring back the endangered species from the brink.
- Chinese researchers are using advanced technologies like genome sequencing, remote sensing, and artificial intelligence (AI) to protect...
- Seoul stocks show improvements to its third session.
- Korea Composite Stock Price Index (KOSPI) added 1.42 points or 0.07 percent.
- Individuals purchased a net of $26 million.
- Massive sell-offs by both foreigner...
- Australia, a few weeks back, calls for an international investigation on the origin of the coronavirus pandemic.
- To this China retaliated by stop accepting beef from four large Australian abattoirs.
- China also imposed tariffs of...
- Meituan, a food delivery giant hit a record on Tuesday of bringing its valuation to over $100 billion.
- Meituan, the Hong Kong-listed giant, is the third Chinese firm to reach this landmark valuation.
- Tencent and Alibaba were the...
- China blocked services of Unicorn Notion, a San Francisco based productivity app, which recently hit a $2 billion valuation.
- The seven-year-old productivity app seems to be the serious rival of Evernote, which started in 2004.
- Vice governor of China’s northeastern province Liaoning appealed the central government to shut down the Dalian Petrochemical Corp.
- Dalian Petrochemical Corp. is the subsidiary of China National Petroleum Corp. (CNPC).
The subtle support extended by the Indian government towards democratically elected government of Taiwan has left China fuming. Outraged by this, the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) regime has asked India to “refrain from such acts.”
Two parliamentarians of the ruling party in In...