Search result for Academy Awards
Best Picture goes to "Everything," which is everywhere at the Oscars.
The metaphysical multiverse comedy "Everything, Everywhere, All at Once" won best picture at the 95th Academy Awards, along with awards for Michelle Yeoh, Ke Huy Quan, and Jamie Lee Curtis. Even though it had nothing to do with Oscars, Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert's "anarch...
Paul Mescal, in a pristine white tank top, is the epitome of classic Hollywood machismo.
There are only two weeks until the Academy Awards, and ES Magazine's cover features a somber studio portrait of Best Actor nominee Paul Mescal. Mescal, who was nominated for an Oscar for his portrayal in "Aftersun," shot to fame as a co-star in the TV adaptation of Sally Rooney'...
Why It Doesn't Matter Who Wins an Oscar: Streaming Services
There is still over two months until the Academy Awards, but on Tuesday, the candidates were revealed. Speculation abounds as to who should have been nominated and who wasn't, as is to be expected, but once again it appears that the true winners are the streaming services. No longer is it sho...
CHINA REMAINS QUIET OVER CHLOE ZHOA’S HISTORIC OSCAR WIN
- China remains quiet over Chloe Zhao’s historic Oscar win.
- Chloe Zhao's won the best director and best picture for “Nomadland”.
- A post announcing Zhao's directing win by film magazine Watch Movies...
ACTORS KIM HYE-SOO AND YOO YEON-SEOK TO ANCHOR 2020 BLUE DRAGON AWARDS
- Actors Kim Hye-soo and Yoo Yeon-seok will anchor the 41st Blue Dragon Film Awards ceremony slated to be held on Dec. 11.
- This is the third year in a row that the two have been hand-picked to host the country's most prestigious film awards event.
‘THE MAN STANDING NEXT’- DOSSIER ON POLITICAL VENDETTA CHOSEN FOR KOREA’S 2021 OSCAR ENTRY
- A political thriller alluding to the intense power struggle among former President Park Chung-hee's top aides before one of them assassinated him in 1979 will be the pivotal film representing South Korea’s entry in next year's Oscars.
- The Korean Film Council (KOFI...
MEN’S FASHION: MALE CELEBRITIES WHO MADE HEADS TURN AT THE RED-CARPET EVENT
- The red-carpet event has a strict dress code: formal attire only
- Men must wear only dark colored suits and denim or sneakers aren’t allowed
Academy awards are more popular for the red-carpet looks than the awards it...
WOMEN’S FASHION: WHY FEMALE FASHION IS CRUCIAL FOR ACADEMY AWARDS
- Female celebrities are responsible for the best looks in the red-carpet event of the awards function
- Only 31 per cent of the female stars are nominated in the awards categories
More than the awards function itself, the Re...
OSCAR 2020: MEN’S FASHION FAILS TO MAKE A MARK
- Men’s fashion was quite subdued this year
- Joaquin Phoenix chose to wear the same suit he had worn for the entire awards season
Men’s fashion in Oscar 2020 paled in comparison to the female fashion. Women chose...
WOMEN’S FASHION: STATEMENT MAKING DRESSES AT THE OSCARS 2020
- The female patrons embraced sustainability as a theme in the awards function
- Natalie Portman created a stir by wearing a female-directors names embroidered cape with her dress
Oscars celebrates the year’s best films...